cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: Drop in profile speed.

I also had an Engineer who claimed he reset the line and didn't, so I wouldn't put it past him who actually didn't and just added in his notes that he did.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
GraZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Experiencing simular problems as yourself, tests show im capable of 65+, receiving 20. Engineer is due tomorrow, just feeling abit weary seeing as people have stated several engineer's dont actually do anything. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Had another engineer visit yesterday afternoon. He ran several tests and checked the connections in the cabinet. Said that the issue is with one of the two wires between my house and the junction somewhere outside. One wire is fine, the other has some issues which is causing the BT equipment to drop the speed down. Have ran another BT speed test today and found that my profile has dropped down a bit futher. I can now reach a maximum speed of around 27Mbps.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 24

Hi dsh63

So, are they going to do anything to rectify this? I would push to get it looked at.

ptan

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Hi ptan,

I've arranged with BT for another OR engineer to visit, but as I'm busy in the run up to Christmas, I've arranged for a visit after Christmas. I'll update this forum after the visit.

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Had another BT OR Engineer visit yesterday afternoon. Was here for no more than 1 hour.

He did various line tests in the house and ran a line quality check. He said that there's an issue with the line quality and the result given is at 20 when it should be around 60 for broadband. He did not say what the numbers represented so if anyone knows that that means whould be interesting.

He check outside my house to see if he could see where the line comes into the property, but guess that when these houses where built back in the early 1970s they either ran the cable under the floor or between each terraced house. Looking on the maps he said that the lines run at the back of the properly, yet the master socket is at the front and the cable comes into house from the dividing wall between my house and the one next door!

Finally he said that he'll get one of the 'linemen' to check the line itself to see if there's a joint issue.

So I'll now have to wait

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Well this afternoon I've had a line engineer working just outside my home.

I've ran a couple of speed tests and appear to be achieving over 30Mbps. I'll keep an eye on it and run a profile test tomorrow.

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Looks like my profile is at 33.88Mbps, and has stayed put for the last few days.

0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 24

Hi dsh63

From what you've reported it may be that your service follows a very circuitous route and is suffering from a few aluminium sections. But is seems you have seen some improvement from the "work" done by the engineers. You may (like me) be lucky to see a small improvement over the next few days and weeks as the DLM adjusts for noise etc. Fingers crossed!

ptan

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Hi Ptan,

Just checked my BT Profile, it has just gone back to 38.71Mbps. - Funny thing that my upload profile has stayed at 10Mbps.

When I asked one of the BT engineers he said that the wires are copper.

Any one know how long it takes BT's website to update it's estimate. Currently its saying my max speed is 32Mbps ?

- When Infinity 2 was rolled out, their website said that I would get a max speed of between 65 and 72Mbps down and 20Mbps up.

0 Ratings