Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 27

Re: Drop in speed FTTC :(

You are way above your handback threshold speed and only just short of maximum speed, nobody is going to do anything with those sort of figures.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 27

But wait @licquorice  do you not realise how so much can be done with those 6mbps??? It would save hours of downloading!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

😀😀

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 27

It is more than 6mbps more like 13 mbps because the transmission high. I guess that 13mbps can be sold off as a standard connection to someone else more profit to BT.  Just with the sync rate at 74 and then my ip profile being another 10% lower.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

The drop in connection speed is only 6mb - max possible 80 and current speed 74mb 

as already said with that speed well within range BT are not going to be interested

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 27

After 25 days of no drops or anything and my connection decides to decline further down

PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANLink up85661524900101:00:11:04
LAN 1100M/Full10830534576554751900111442703:19:36:36

DSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed71.93 Mbps20.00 Mbps
Line Attenuation18.10 dB21.90 dB
Noise Margin6.10 dB7.40 dB

Something is not right but if it keeps on lowering and goes below 71 then BT will have to do something as my minimum guaranteed sync rate is 71. so it is getting very close. My point of sale was also quoted 77-80 for the downloads I am getting 56. So that estimate is way off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

in BT letters the use of the word 'download' is clarified in T&C and is actually your connection speed not your download/thoughput speed which is the 56mb you quote.

I agree though that the way BT refer to download speed can be taken as throughput hence why clarified in T&C as connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 27

The way I understood it is that the modem receives a connection speed that is the minimum guaranteed speed. As far as the downloads go that is decided by Open Reach and what ever limit they have put in place on your IP Profile against your connection rate.
So if the connection rate drops below my minimum guaranteed then BT can either be interested in my issue and get my speeds back to the way they were or I can leave the contract with our further hassle. Not that it really solves any under lying issue of why my connection is slowly declining.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

If your connection speed is dropping there is clearly a line fault,  until that is fixed there is no point in a DLM reset as it will just drop again afterwards. But until your speed drops below the guaranteed speed, BT won't be interested.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 27

The handback speed is based on your connection speed not the speed at which you download so until your speed drops below handback then BT may not take any action

if your connection is stable then unusual for a reset and drop in connection speed

0 Ratings