cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: Drop in speed FTTC :(

The handback is for open reach in what they consider a faulty line in the worst of cases but it does not outline all faults and various misconfigured line issues .
I have a minimum broadband speed and as my line is slowly declining and now it is just shy of 1mbps before BT can either be interested in looking at what is wrong with my line.
As said above there is clearly a fault should I really have to jump through hoops and wait for my line to drop just over 1mbps for BT to be interested in helping me get my speed back to the way it was or at least improve it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 27

None of us like a decline in so many things.  However, I find it totally incredulous that anyone can be complaining so much about speeds above 70Mbps when more than half of my village is below 10Mbps and quite a few below 5Mbps

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 27

I find your comment to be totally irrelevant from this thread I cant control your villages speeds nor can I choose to have fibre to the premises and enjoy speeds of up to300 mpbs. If I pay for the faster connection and am promised a certain speed then who are you to judge. I was once on adsl and it sucks but they put it all down to how far you are from the cab or exchange in my case I live really close to my exchange less than 60 metres so when my line speed drops or declines I know that something is not right and the whole point of me coming onto this forum is to relay this information in order to get a response from an admin from BT. Just because my line speeds seem good to you does not mean I don't deserve the same level or support as anyone else if there line is not behaving the it normally does.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 24 of 27

@usermacwrote:
 I was once on adsl and it sucks but they put it all down to how far you are from the cab or exchange in my case I live really close to my exchange less than 60 metres so when my line speed drops or declines 

Your OP tells us you are about 150 metres from the exchange / cabinet!

Here we are about 60 metres from the cabinet and 200 metres from the exchange. We enjoy a rock-steady connection at all times. 

At the moment, she who wears the trousers, is watching a streamed movie in another room while I type this. There are 3 iPhones, 3 iPads, a laptop and 2 desktops all connected. The BT Speedtest reports 74/19 which we have enjoyed for years. We have never seen 80 but sometimes the speed will drop to 65 or so but soon settles back to 74 once more. You wouldn't know there was anything untoward unless you actually performed a speed check.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 27

Regarding OP if I need to be more specific is an approximate from home to the cab 60 metres then from cab to exchange total distance about 150 at the most. I was on an EO line but then they updated it to fibre to the cab.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 27

The distance to the exchange is totally irrelevant, the fibre to your cabinet may not even come from your local exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 27

I am only going by what the open reach availability checker says which just show my cab and local exchange. I believe the phone is dealt with by the exchange and the cab does the broadband.
0 Ratings