cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Drop outs driving me nuts, cystic fibrosis - not too mobile, connection means a lot to me.

My internet is very often the connection to the outside world I use. I switched from Sky earlier this year as I was always dropping connection and depite being assured that there's nothing wrong with the line by BT nothings changed, still losing connection to outside world with slow intenet despite being on Infinity 1. We moved 5 year ago from around the corner and never had any problema with O2/Sky.

Next door has issues, and two doors down had issues until they redid the whole thing (they work for BT so obviously it comes with privaliges!) including reterminate the connections at the exchange, 6 miles from us by the way, so should be really good. Talking to them things have improved immesly but then again they don't really use it too much frustratingly.

I'm using the internet for shopping, social, streaming Amazon prime, xbox 360, tv and the whole works reallly. I was doing a fault finding chat session to BT tother day and the connection dropped three times!

I'm at my wits end with it all. I just want a connection that won't drop half through a film or a game really. Not much to ask is it when I'm paying for something and they own the copper......fibre, if it really is?

What can I do people please? Go to Virgin as I believe they have a differnet set of pipes?

Appriciate any advice and thanks for reading.

Set up - BT Inf 1, wireless network to smart phones x 3, two computers hardwired, tv and box hardwired all through a gigabit cat5e system. BT home hub 5 (a) with latest firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 updated end of Jan. Been really bad for past year or so, tollerable before that. Phone line absolutely fine.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Drop outs driving me nuts, cystic fibrosis - not too mobile, connection means a lot to me.

Can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

Can you enter your ohone number and post results remembering to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Have you turned off smart setup. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Have you split the networks. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Re: Drop outs driving me nuts, cystic fibrosis - not too mobile, connection means a lot to me.

Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ44327729
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 29/01/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 05:10:26
6. Data rate:9995 / 39993
7. Maximum data rate:17155 / 65658
8. Noise margin:10.2 / 14.4
9. Line attenuation:23.9 / 19.8
10. Signal attenuation:23.7 / 19.6
11. Data sent/received:247.2 MB / 2.6 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number  on Exchange WORTHING CENTRAL is served by Cabinet 13

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    
FTTC Range A (Clean)64.445.318.511.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)54.830.6187.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 16.5--14.5 to 18.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 16.5Up to 114.5 to 18.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate----Available
Fixed Rate----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Smart setup now disabled

0 Ratings
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Split wireless networks as well

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

See if these changes make any difference. You are on infinity 1 with max connection speed 40/10mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Appriciate the quick response. I hope all that is useful to you and keen to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

0 Ratings
johnkreelman
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

We must've been posting simulatianiously! Yes I'll give it a few days and let you know, thank you again.

0 Ratings