cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Drop outs

Have 50mb infinity and there was a system outage last weekend in my area . Had a couple of drop out since and resync at 44mb anyone know what noise margin is 14.7 up and 12.1 down . Is this bad ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Drop outs

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

cabinetcheck.pnghh2stats1.pnghhstats2.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

quiet line test was clean

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

From the stats that you have posted you are on fibre 1 with currently the maximum connection speed 55/10mb so figures look ok and as best you can get on fibre 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi yes that was on after I rebooted my router however the line had dropped out before that and resynced at 40. I wondered if my line was unstable or my signal to noise ratio was bad 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The reason your Noise margin is is because of your max attainable speed being far in excess of your package. You have an abundance of signal to overcome any noise.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks so my stats don’t indicate any instability on my line?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Certainly not. Stats are near perfect.

0 Ratings