cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brucie111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Droping out

My family has bt infinity and it is supposed to go at 35mb/s. However, in my room I only get 5mb cause of copper pipes. To combat this I bought a WiFi extender (TP link) and since I bought this my connection has been dropping out, even when I disconnect the extender. For about 30 mins it will work fine but after that it will drop below 1mb/s from anywhere between 5mins to 35 mins.

I've tried to move the extender, making sure to set it up from scratch each time, and still it is dropping out. I've even took it out completely. I've also tried to reset my Smart Hub and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Please
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
HadesR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Droping out

While not a solution to the Wi-fi extender issue itself you might find a Powerline adapter suits you better as It enables a much more stable wired connection.

Best purchase I made was a Passthrough powerline adapter set for upstairs. Speeds went from 30mbs with wifi to 50+ with adapters and ethernet cables 

(Ideal for gaming, streaming etc)

0 Ratings
Brucie111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've got a power line adapter and I tried that before but it never worked properly, it would leave my wifi on a speed of 2mb or less. I was recommended an extender on this forum a while back.
Could it be something to do with the copper pipes in my house? I've heard that was a big problem in some case.
0 Ratings
HadesR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The best powerline adapters are those with ethernet ports in them which allow for you to use a wired connection rather than a wifi one.
0 Ratings