cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Dropped connection every 14 days - BT say this is acceptable. It is not to me.

Have been running a Roberts radio on internet services for around 11 years now.

Yes the homehub Smart Hub 2 reboots every 14 days, with a time increment of 20 mins less for each 14 days. It now reboots at 7.00 am on the 14 day cycle. Soon it will be time to perform a manual reset at around 1.00 am. I never touch it, and it was originally set as 1.00 am, so you can imagine how long ago I interfered with it.

It’s not too difficult to perform a channel reset on the Roberts radio.....it’s done in a few seconds, or at worst in a minute or so.  Mine even goes against the grain of all recommendations as being set on WPS.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15

Re: Dropped connection every 14 days - BT say this is acceptable. It is not to me.

I should have added that, in theory at least, this should enable the device to re-connect after a hub re-boot

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 15

A third party  modem/router would resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

In all the time I had the 14 day reset problem I never had a 10 min outage but it simply dropped and then reconnected within 2 minutes.  Having had many different hubs it was not particular to any one hub version

as I posted it just stopped without any intervention from me and now goes months without dropping connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
charlespw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

@Ribblelancs Interested to hear about your Roberts radio.

Not sure the rs1 internet radio adaptor works in the same way. I don't have one so I don't know. When the hub reboots a light just flashes on the unit saying there is a network problem. I then have to set up the unit using an app....UNDOK......which is an awful app. I'm going to try the static IP address suggestion. We'll see.

0 Ratings