Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 21 of 33

Re: EMCHATT : Chatteris

@Shouou wrote:

I asked,

got no response, so i'm stuck with what BT said, "no cabinet upgade planned."

Then go back to them again until you do get an answer.  The phone number is 01223 703 293 .

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
FenLandK
Beginner
Message 22 of 33

I've had an email back from Connecting Cambridgeshire saying that those of us with EO lines on EMCHATT are scheduled for a solution between September 2015 and December 2015.  They aren't sure yet whether that will be FTTP or FTTC at the exchange.  Maybe it will depend on how many people are interested, so get registering if you haven't already!

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 23 of 33

Shounou said he/she was on cabinet 6, so not EO.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Shouou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Called twice never got through after 20mins, Got no response via email either.

BT Customer service say no cabinet upgade planned and jsut want to sell me a package upgrade.

0 Ratings
Shouou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 33

The Official Response is:

"Our Fibre technology is being rolled out across the UK, and is being done street by street, cabinet by cabinet.

I have checked to find out when your line will be able to support BT Infinity. Your exchange Chatteris has been upgraded to provide Infinity but your street cabinet (6) has not been upgraded yet. There are no immediate plans to do this.

We are trying to roll out fibre to as much of the country as we can. As a public company we are obliged to firstly focus on the areas where we can make an economic return and we do announce new phases of this work every four months or so.

In addition to that, we work with the government and local authorities to enable areas that otherwise would not be possible and we would hope to be able to provide Infinity to more than 90% of the UK."

How wonderful, my only option is to move house unless i setup a business and pay for a leased line :smileysad:

0 Ratings
Shouou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

2 years and still waiting for the Only cabient left in Chatteris to be upgraded.

Connecting Cambridgeshire are not interested either. They stopped sending me emails once i mentioned Chatteris.

Its no wonder businesses in the centre of Chatteris are closing down, BT wont provide broadband to the main high street.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

It's nothing to do with BT.

It's Openreach. I guess you've got the seem feeling towards the likes of Virgin, Hyperoptic, Gigaclear etc?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Shouou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

'Openreach' won't deal with me as I am a residential customer. I have to go through BT.

BT still can't give me a date.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 29 of 33

Hi @Shouou

BT Consumer will only know the information publicly available and available to other Openreach Customers (i.e Communication Providers).

You will be best trying to keep in contact with Connecting Cambridgeshire (via http://www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/contact/) or Openreach via http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/fibre-broadband-availability.aspx 

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 33

BT can only sell you a service that Openreach make available, much like TalkTalk, Sky or any other ISP.

Have you and your local community considered co-funding a fibre cabinet with Openreach?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings