cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Echolife HG8110H-20 has died

Go to solution

Hi all. Woke out this morning to no internet and a flashing purple light on the hub. Tried usual reboot of the hub etc with no joy, so checked the modem and behold it has no lights and seemingly no power. 

I tried unplugging and back in, different plug socket, and even tracked down an alternate power supply from a different device with the exact same connector, but sadly nothing. 

I have an engineer due at some point Monday (it’s Saturday AM), but with both kids at home sick  it’s already causing unnecessary hassle 

Anyone got any clever ideas? I have looked online to buy a new one but it wouldn’t be here until Wednesday the earliest. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Echolife HG8110H-20 has died

Go to solution

@pmcclean 

What type of BT Internet connection do you have?

I assume its FTTP, in that case there is nothing you can buy to replace it.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi - it’s FTTP 900

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

So is it just a case of waiting for the engineer? I was mildly concerned they would not have a modem in their standard kit, meaning it would be a few days after that before I got sent a new one. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@pmcclean wrote:

Hi - it’s FTTP 900

There is nothing you can do, they are specifically registered to your connection.

Its usually the power supply that fails.

Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Super. Thanks for the quick response.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

FYI, buying one on the internet wouldn’t help, the device has to be authenticated onto the system using its serial number  , so a replacement ONT would still need the OR technician to enter that info so that the headend will ‘communicate’ with the ONT

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Are you sure that the spare power supply that you tried, was the same voltage and the correct diameter plug that made good contact?

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I have managed to find another supply at it has done the trick (from an old handheld vax)! Might buy another as a spare in case it happens again. 

Checked the original supply and it was only 5v, whereas I needed 12v 

Many thanks!

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@pmcclean wrote:

I have managed to find another supply at it has done the trick (from an old handheld vax)! Might buy another as a spare in case it happens again. 

Checked the original supply and it was only 5v, whereas I needed 12v 

Many thanks!

Excellent 😀