cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Engineer Has not turned up.

A BT engineer was meant to come today between 8 and 1 to install our BT Full Fibre. They did not come so I called BT fibre line who said they may just be running late and to allow more time. It took me over 50 minutes to get through so someone to be told wait longer. I am now 2 and a half hours since they were meant to come and I have had no contact or update from the engineer. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Engineer Has not turned up.

@Rebecca_Kim28 

It would be Openreach not BT who visit.

Some installations have been deferred to March. Do you have an existing broadband connection?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

We don’t have existing broadband which is why it was arranged for someone to come today. Have been trying to arrange this since the start of the month. After over 8 phone calls finally got an open reach engineer appointment for them not to turn up. I have spent easily 6 hours on the phone to BT trying to get this sorted. I currently work from home and require broadband access.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Has the external fibre been run to the property?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Yes the external part has been done. This was done on 16 December. It is for the internal box to be installed and the hub to be set up 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@Rebecca_Kim28 wrote:

Yes the external part has been done. This was done on 16 December. It is for the internal box to be installed and the hub to be set up 

Then, from what has been posted by other people on this forum, the installation should be done. Has the BT Smart Hub 2 been delivered?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

The hub was delivered on 4th of January but the FTTP does not go through the phone line it connects with an Ethernet cable to and engineer need to come and install the box on the inside of the property for connect the hub to. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

It would come in on an optical fibre cable, and Openreach would need to connect it to one of these.

Capture.JPG

Which in turn would connect to the home hub.

Its not really clear whether you are going to get a visit, but it may be worth reading the Openreach statement on this page.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/01/openreach-delays-new-broadband-installs-due-to-covid19...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

There is an engineer coming without a doubt as we don’t have anything other than the hub. They are required to come and do the installation.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@Rebecca_Kim28 wrote:

There is an engineer coming without a doubt as we don’t have anything other than the hub. They are required to come and do the installation.

Lets hope Openreach turn up.

0 Ratings