cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdCase1988
Message 1 of 9

Engineer came, still no working broadband.

My install date was today at 1pm to 6pm, the engineer came at about 2.30pm fitted all the new internal faceplate for my BT Infinity, he had to have another engineer come to check the cabling underground in a BT manhole (as my line goes underground) 

Now I have to wait for a engineer and I quote "to open all the manhole covers along my street to check for the break in the connection to my property" 

Really?!?! 

Had problems in the past at another address I was with which had underground cabling with loads of break-away manhole's.

So would like to know if any one could help me with what happens next as the engineer told me I have to wait for a phone call.

If its not Virgin media that is bad in my area (which is the reason why I now changed to BT) I have this problem...

Different company, same old .... same old ....
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Engineer came, still no working broadband.

Is your phone working?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
EdCase1988
Message 3 of 9

Nope, even tho he fitter the new faceplate and checked all my internal wireing, he just left my modem and telephone plugged in.

0 Ratings
EdCase1988
Message 4 of 9

Anyone???

This is really annoying as I left Virgin Media because my line with them was bad, I had new modem's, a new line laid from the cab to my propety and about 10 engineer visits.

My contract ends with them monday, so I was hoping to be on BT Infinity by then but that looks like it might not happen.

Why do I get all these problems if its not one its the other...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 9

If your phone isn't working, how can they call you?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
EdCase1988
Message 6 of 9

LOL mobilephone?

I gave it on my order... 

So they called me on it...

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Have you checked the phone after midnight as it can take up to then for things to be activated.

Here are a couple of numbers which you can use on your mobile which will be billed at whatever your calling plan is

BT Broadband 0330 123 4567  (0800 111 4567 if you are able to use someone else's landline)

BT Faults 0330 123 4151  (0800 800 151)

0 Ratings
EdCase1988
Message 8 of 9

I have check to see if there is a dial tone, nothing as of 1:53am on the 27/02/2014

All I would like to know is if someone is meant to be coming out tomorrow to look at the manhole covers for the fault on the cable, when will this happen and will I have to be in to have them test the line?

But I don't understand why there would be a break in my line underground?

Please someone?!?! Help me?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Openreach will get round to looking at it when they get round to it.  They aren't answerable to anybody, have no deadlines, and they are short staffed.  So tricky jobs get done when they can find somebody who is qualified to do them.

0 Ratings