cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Engineer date moved to january without communication

Hey everyone, on halloween i ordered bt full fibre 900, i was told it would be installed 25th nov, then later that day i got a text saying it had been cancelled and i would be contacted in 2 days which i was. They said to reorder on the phone, which is what i did. New engineer date of 27th nov. I booked the week off of work to make sure i was in. I now check my order this morning to find it has been moved to the 6th jan 2021 without any text message or email or anything. Why is this? I have a feeling theres been some error and this is false but i want to make sure.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Engineer date moved to january without communication

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Will do, thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

phoned up and found out some extra work was needed on the ducts and that they would phone me when its done to re schedule an engineer. Not too sure what that all means but im glad i know what caused the delays.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Sounds like there's a collapsed duct somewhere. Shouldn't take long to resolve.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

That’s normal. When an Installation requires additional work, i.e. in your case a Maintenance Dig Openreach will push the Installation Date back a few months to stop the job from failing. 

Once the Step 1 work is complete and it’s ready for the Customer Installation Openreach will bring the appointment forward.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I think the work has finished now, there were some men digging outside my house a couple day ago but it seems to be cleaned up now. What would i do about seeing if the appointment can be brought forward now or actually making sure the work has finished?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

FTTP team as before.

0 Ratings