cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Engineer introduced more noise to my line

Broadband was down for most of yesterday, engineer visit this morning. He admitted he caused the original fault working in the same cabinet, but on fixing my line he has introduced a much noisier line. My broadband feels slower and sluggish now. How do I get this rectified? Thanks.

Before EngineerBefore EngineerAfter EngineerAfter Engineer

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Engineer introduced more noise to my line

if you are a BT broadband customer then phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and get another engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Trying to explain this to someone on the phone is tiresome. I have tried.

The response I get is that my sync speed is above the stay fast guarantee and that it is working.

There is an enormous amount of errors, to the point where my line is interleaved at 14ms delay on the downstream and 8ms on the upstream and the FECs are still huge. This wasn't the case before the initial fault, and it is this that I would like Openreach to fix. It's noticeable when browsing or streaming. Latency is high and buffering occurs more often.

Help!

Before faultBefore fault After faultAfter fault

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Is there noise on your landline - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent any noise is a problem and report a phone fault not broadband to 150. Test should be done from test socket with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I have also tried this. There is no audible noise as far as I can tell.

0 Ratings