cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyrayner
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Engineer no-show with no communication

I took the day off work yesterday to be at home for the Infinity Enigneers installation visit

I had 4 reminder emails and 4 remidne rtext messages from BT that I had to be there

I was there - the whole time - and noone showed up, but much worse, noone told me they were not going to come

I then spend over an hour on trying to find out why from an Indian call centre who patently knew nothing about the process and were unable to tell me anything

A completely unsatisfactory service

What do I do now?

14 REPLIES 14
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Engineer no-show with no communication

You could alway charge them, look up your consumer rights.

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
forbesk
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Andy, I share your pain.

I had the same experience. My wife spent the day at home waiting for an engineer. She didn't dare go out because we didn't know when he might turn up, but nothing, no engineer and not even a phone call, text or email to say it had been cancelled. When I phoned to complain, the "high level complaints" staff cheerily told me that we would receive £10 compensation! Seriously, they actually thought paying my wife for 20 minutes of her time would be acceptable for wasting 10 hours of her day.

I would like to tell you how to proceed now but in giving similar advice I have been censored 3 times already today and they are itching to cancel my account. What can I say? Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 15

The reasons there are normally no phone call is because there was no engineer assigned to install your Infinity, this is a very often occurance with BT and Openreach whoevers fault it is needs to be fixed. I believe it's Openreach as sky customers have the same experince. Though you would think they would have a system check ot make sure an engineer has been assigned to do the job.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

@ryant704 wrote:

The reasons there are normally no phone call is because there was no engineer assigned to install your Infinity, this is a very often occurance with BT and Openreach whoevers fault it is needs to be fixed. I believe it's Openreach as sky customers have the same experince. Though you would think they would have a system check ot make sure an engineer has been assigned to do the job.

A lot of the time it's down to the fact the engineer assigned is not trained for Infinity installs and by the time this is realized it's too late to assign another engineer.

Though this does not excuse the fact the customer is not told about the delay, until they complain about the no show.

0 Ratings
forbesk
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

BT or BT Openreach, they are still same group of companies. It says a lot about the BT group when a telecommunications company can't communicate with it's customers or between themselves.

Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

@forbesk wrote:

BT or BT Openreach, they are still same group of companies. It says a lot about the BT group when a telecommunications company can't communicate with it's customers or between themselves.

Indeed

Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

@forbesk wrote:

Not really. Openreach must give the same service to all ISP's and cannot favour BT Retail. Also, customers  cannot communicate with Openreach, they have  to go through the ISP. For example, Sky fibre installs fail in the same way.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
forbesk
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

"Not really. Openreach must give the same service to all ISP's and cannot favour BT Retail. Also, customers  cannot communicate with Openreach, they have  to go through the ISP. For example, Sky fibre installs fail in the same way."

Not really? Openreach are part of the BT group, this is fact. Openreach cannot favour BT retail, that is just theory but with regard to this issue it is irrelevent anyway. My point was BT do not communicate with it's customers, which is ironic seeing as how they are supposed be a communications service provider. Also, it seems very likely that BT openreach do not communcate well with their customers, whether it's BT, Sky or O2 etc.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

@forbesk wrote:

"Not really. Openreach must give the same service to all ISP's and cannot favour BT Retail. Also, customers  cannot communicate with Openreach, they have  to go through the ISP. For example, Sky fibre installs fail in the same way."

Not really? Openreach are part of the BT group, this is fact. Openreach cannot favour BT retail, that is just theory.

It's a fact as well. Sorry it's inconvenient for your rant, but there we are. The only thing you can do is talk to the ISP, BT Retail, and sort out a new appointment.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings