cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oswald123
Message 1 of 6

Engineer report access?

Hello, I’m trying to help my mother get some compensation for almost a year of poor internet connectivity. The problem was finally fixed when an engineer came out and climbed up the pole outside the house to find the cable heavily corroded. In his words, the cable came apart in his hands. We have been battling to get this looked at since February this year. In short, I’m wondering if I can get a copy of the engineer report for the visit to confirm that the problem was likely to be long-standing. BT customer service refuse to accept that it is a long standing issue and are offering a paltry £18 and that only because I complained. Hours spent on the phone.

Many hours had been spent by my mother to BT customer service in the past year. Everything from “you are using too many devices at once” to “we will flush it through “ and “ reset your router “ were tried all to no effect.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engineer report access?

You ring up and ask for it.
0 Ratings
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Pointless ringing BT for an engineers report really. The engineers work for, or are subcontracted by, OpenReach so I'm not sure you will get very far by ringing BT if I'm honest.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

The op's contract is with BT not Openreach, they will obtain the report from Openreach
0 Ratings
Highlighted
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

True, can give it a go. Not too sure if BT are obliged to hand it over or not though 😕
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

‘Pointless ringing BT for an engineers report really. The engineers work for, or are subcontracted by, OpenReach so I'm not sure you will get very far by ringing BT if I'm honest.’

No it’s not. If he’s a BT Customer they are the only ones who can send him the Engineers Job notes.

I know this because I used to do it all the time when I worked for the BT Consumer Repair Helpdesk.