cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Engineer visit - time notification

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Received an email today at 7am that the engineer is on his way, and that I will be notified at what time they'll get to me. The appointment is booked for 8am-1pm, and I haven't heard anything yet, and the engineer's phone is unfortunately off, so I can't reach him.

With the new restrictions, I am just concerned the engineer won't appear (as I have seen some posts to that effect), and I truly can't wait till the end of January for a re-appointment. I have already been waiting since 19 November.

My question is how did everyone receive the notification re the time the engineer will arrive? How soon after the initial email did they receive that notification? And did anyone else have trouble reaching the engineer on their phone?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Engineer visit - time notification

Go to solution

@CTSA 

Welcome to this user forum.

An Openreach visit is not normally made if its a new connection, unless you are getting a direct fibre to the property. They normally just visit the cabinet.

Broadband is self install, so a check for dial tone on your phone, is the first thing to do.

What did you order?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thank you, Keith_Beddoe. I should have clarified that it's for a Fibre 100 product, and an ONT needs to be installed.

It is, however, a simple 1 Stage installation, with the mention: "Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues."

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

The engineer will normally ring you when he's on his way. You won't be the only install he has this morning.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@CTSA wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thank you, Keith_Beddoe. I should have clarified that it's for a Fibre 100 product, and an ONT needs to be installed.

It is, however, a simple 1 Stage installation, with the mention: "Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues."

@pippincp  has given you the answer 😀

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you, @pippincp. That's good to know!

I realise I'm probably stressing for nothing. It's just I've booked the installation appointment over a month ago, and I'm relying on a spotty BT Wifi hotspot for the past 3 weeks. And considering how this year has been so far, I keep anticipating Murphy's law haha.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@pippincp @Keith_Beddoe 

Unfortunately, no news yet from the engineer, and his phone is still off (voicemail every time I call). Seeing I have only an hour left on my time slot, is this a worrying sign?

Has anyone else had such an experience?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The booked time slot has passed (8am-1pm), and the engineer still hasn't arrived and is still not reachable by phone. I contacted BT and they informed me that the engineer might be running late due to the other installations, and will arrive later today. I am getting really worried now...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Any luck??
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Yes, he arrived around 4pm and my internet is up and running 😊 no more BT wifi hotspot!

I would recommend to others that find themselves in a similar position to contact BT and ask them to contact Openreach whilst you're on the phone with them. When I called BT a second time around 2pm, a very helpful lady offered to call Openreach to check if the info she sees on her screen is valid. Openreach confirmed to her on the phone that the engineer is running late due to a previous installation and would only arrive towards the late afternoon/evening. The official confirmation from Openreach put my mind at ease, as I didn't mind at what time he would arrive, as long as the appointment wouldn't be rebooked to January 😊

0 Ratings