cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Engineer visit to fix a fault - nothing happens

Go to solution

I want to check if these BT Engineer visits are a scam. Twice this week I have reported faults which require an engineer visit as per BT's system. But twice no engineer has turned up and the update on fault says Engineer visit complete. My issue still persists. Basically I have no internet for 1 week. My devices connect to Smart Hub but it says connected No internet and my Smart Hub is a steady orange. I have done all the troubleshooting of restarting, resetting, checking for line faults etc. BT deemed an engineer visit necessary twice without fixing the issue. No engineer has come or called me . Are these just tactics to delay things? I have fibre broadband and paying a ridiculous amount for no service. All the other flats in my building with BT have no issues. Clearly this is a vicious loop of laxity. 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Engineer visit to fix a fault - nothing happens

Go to solution

Its Openreach that should visit, so I am not sure why they have not done that. I have asked a moderator to look at it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

by 'I have fibre broadband' do you mean FTTP or FTTC?

if you do not have digital voice have you checked for a dial tone on landline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

I have FTTP and Digital Voice. The Digital Voice handset doesn't have a dial tone because of no active internet

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

What lights are showing on the ONT?

If the LOS led is unlit and the PON light is steady green, the fault will be at the 'exchange' rather than requiring a visit to your premises.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @dfacto600613   Remember that an Openreach engineer visit could be to the exchange or cabinet so I wouldn’t assume that if you don’t see them, then the visit didn’t take place.

Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

LOS is unlit. PON is blinking green. Fault has a red light as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

When I track it on BT.com/fault it says Engineer visit complete and talking to chat support they confirm Engineer visit is complete as they checked the exchange and left. My issue is still unresolved. When I try to report that , the system goes back to the same process of booking an engineer visit. So basically this is seems to be a never ending loop 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

There’s little an Openreach Engineer can do ref to faulting FTTP from outside unlike a Metallic Path.

Also when an Openreach Engineer picks up a job they have to do something called a Fast Test before and after the job and in order to close it the Test on Completion must be a Green Pass Test.

I’d hazard a guess the fault is being closed at BT Wholesales end automatically like it is more than often before an Openreach Engineer is even dispatched to it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @dfacto600613,

I've been reading over your thread and, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for the lack of information that you have been given and for the overall experience that you've had. I'd like to offer you my team's help. We can check with our suppliers and find out what has happened. From that, we'll work out what needs to happen next. We will let you know everything that's happening each step of the way.

I've sent you a private message with some details that I need.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings