cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Engineer visit to fix a fault - nothing happens

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser  Pointless the engineer visiting a cab  for an FTTP issue. FTTP doesn't pass through a cab.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

The ‘fault’ light is probably the battery back up unit ( not even provided on new installations ) the fact that the LOS ( loss of signal ) is not lit, and the PON light is flashing suggests that the ONT is receiving ‘light’ , so there is an optical path , but your ONT is not authenticated at the headend ( OLT ) , in other words your ONT is not ‘registered’ as a device with the headend.
Has this service ever worked ?, once the ONT is authenticated onto the PON, done on the installation day, or if a ‘new site’ before the occupant moves in , that’s normally it, a steady PON light would indicate some ISP issue.

Its not unheard of for the wrong vendors ONT to be fitted ( Nokia instead of Huawei for example )

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

It's been working normally for ever since i got the connection 8 months ago. Anyway I have flagged it with customer service again. One of the moderators here has offered to look into it as well. Fingers crossed it'll get fixed soon

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
You have probably already done this, but have you switched the ONT off and let it re boot ( rather than the re booting router ) , it’s possible that the ONT is faulty and need replacing ( and the new one authenticating ) which obviously ends an Openreach visit , or ( as the optical path seems OK ) the current ONT needs ‘discovering’ this could possibly done remotely , ( you would need to advise the serial number of the ONT ) either way it does seem that you should be getter better service than you currently are…hopefully the Mods will be able to chase this for you.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Nokia ONT’s can now be installed on Huawei Head Ends.

The only time they shouldn’t be used is if the EU has the FVA Service as they’ll need a Huawei 1+1 ONT. You can still fit a Nokia One Data Port only still but obviously they wouldn’t be able to use their FVA Service.

Openreach have now stopped supplying Huawei ONT’s all together at their Store Hubs and if a 1+1 Huawei is needed it would have to be ordered in especially.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @dfacto600613 

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I am really pleased that the fault with your broadband is fixed now.  I'll go ahead and close this off from here as agreed but feel free to come back on again if you need help or have a question about your services.

Take care for now.

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
So what was the cause of his problem and how was it rectified ...... ?????
It's like reading a good mystery book and find the last chapter is missing......?? ??
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution
And no .....I an NOT an Aspiring Expert ..... is there anyway to delete this title PSE ????
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Ha ha. I don't know what the issue was. It was rectified on the day that the engineer visit was scheduled. So I assume the engineer must have fixed it. But the mystery remains because I didn't meet the engineer in person. Based on other comments, it looks like the fault was in the exchange or somewhere between exchange and my property and the engineer visit must have fixed it. But I am glad this community exists and thankful for some of the follow-ups done by the moderators here to check with me. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
Thank you so much for your quick reply ....... can go to bed now and sleep well ...... nite nite....lol
0 Ratings