Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Equipment for Superfast Broadband.

Hi, 

Currently I am connected to BY via an overreach modem and that is connected to my Netgear R900 which works just wonderfully. My question is this, if I upgrade to the fastest broadband BT are now offering can I just get a new modem and connect in the same way or do I have to get a new hub and put my R900 in a drawer until a modem solution becomes available?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Equipment for Superfast Broadband.

If you mean superfast plus then the connection is still the same and FTTC not FTTP so setup will still work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Or do you mean G.Fast, in which case your existing modem won't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I wanted the Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus Package so I'm expecting it to be different?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I wanted the  Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus package.  I'm not sure if thats G. Fast.  But didn't I read somewhere that Huawei were doing a G. Fast modem for Openreach?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Ultrafast can be delivered  either by FTTP or G.Fast (why they have to have all these stupid marketing terms rather than technical terms I really don't understand). From this thread it would appear BT supply a G.Fast hub rather than a modem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the information...  From what little I can research from online the trials may have been done with 4 devices one of them being a Huawei M992 Openreach Modem.  I was kinda hoping we might have been offered this option rather than going back to a hub that I never really got on with in the first place, hence shelling out a tone of cash for the Netgear.  Oh well, although I really want the speeds, I guess I can hold out for a while until such times as a modem becomes available or the R900 dies, whichever is sooner... 

0 Ratings