cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Equipment return error?

I upgraded my service after 18 months from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2. My previous contract was for 18 months and ran out on the 30th of September 2020.  My upgraded service started on the 15th of September 2020. This morning I received a bag from BT asking me to return my equipment. How on on earth can I use my new upgraded service  if I have to return my equipment? What is it with BT that they seem unable to get the simplest of things right?  If you don't return your equipment within 60 days you will be charged. To make matters worse still. I'm very hard of hearing and it's difficult to hear what BT reps are saying on the phone (that is, when you can get through to them). Yet, there is no way to email BT at present. No online chat so they state "please phone us!".  Do BT actually enjoy making life difficult for the disabled?

So, even though I've now upgraded my contract I'm asked to return my BT equipment.  Obviously there are wires crossed somewhere. The annoying thing... those wires seem to be permanently crossed where BT is concerned. I can cancel my new contract within 14 days...seems it may be the best thing to do. I hate ineptness and inefficiency. Certainly not something one would expect from such a World Class company.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Equipment return error?

@viton,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry that you have been asked to return your equipment after taking up a new contract.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Equipment return error?

Hi Matt

I got you private mail but I can't find a "reply" button?. A job for specsavers or some glitch?

Cheers,

Bill

0 Ratings