Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shentonio
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Equipment return - upgrade to BT Broadband

Go to solution

Hello

I've recently accepted an offer to upgrade to a faster BT broadband connection. As part of the deal I have to return my wi-fi discs that boost wi-fi around the house.

I'm supposed to return them before the engineer visit next week, but I haven't had the packaging to return it (it was supposed to be sent to me by know).

Can I leave it with the engineer ot will I be penalised for not returning it?

Any help you can provide will be most useful.

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Equipment return - upgrade to BT Broadband

Go to solution

No, the engineer would be from Openreach not BT Retail, so they would not be able to return them.

0 Ratings
shentonio
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Ok thanks.

I'm assuming I won't be penalised in any way as they should have posted the return packaging by now?

They want it to be returned by Monday and there's no chance of that even if it arrives tomorrow.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @shentonio welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I presume the Complete wifi service is being cancelled as part of your broadband upgrade order? If this is the case then the returns packaging is normally posted after the complete wifi service is stopped which would be on the same date that your new package is being activated.

Have you received any communications advising it needs to be returned on Monday? 

0 Ratings
shentonio
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hello.

Yea that's right, I've also checked my BT account online and it says the wi-fi discs need to be returned by Monday.

The packaging actually turned up this morning, but I have no doubt it was due to the local postal service that it didn't arrive earlier.

Every now and then we just don't get any post for a few days here in North Wales, so I guess this is what happened here.

I posted it back today but I doubt they will get it  on Monday.

My concern is that there is no way to prove that I only received the package this morning (BT's envelope was dated 18 September and it was sent 1st class).

I'm sure it'll be fine though, so thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Silly question, if you needed the disks previously, surely you will still need them now.

0 Ratings
shentonio
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hello

From what I understand the discs were part of a 'wi-fi' guarantee so that I'd always have a perfect connection in each room of the house.

Now I've signed up for a different deal I don't get the wi-fi guarantee anymore, so no need for the disc.

I actually prefer the faster wired connection so it's no big loss.

Thanks again for taking the time to repl

0 Ratings