cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_S-H
Message 1 of 13

Exchange Only line - misclassified - who is responsible for changing?

Hi

We've had a new cabinet installed to offer FTTC to the Exchange Only lines in our village (all other lines were previously upgraded in the normal extra cabinet way).  The new cabinet is now live, and some people in my street are able to place orders (according to BT's dslchecker). I cannot.  I've been told that all the Exchange Only lines have been connected to the cabinet, but my line ,and that of a few neighbours, are still classified as 'Exchange Only', preventing us from ordering fibre.  

The work was completed 3-4 weeks ago and funded by BDUK. The local BDUK have said all lines should now be enabled and have said they will ask why our lines are still not apparently connected, but that was more than 10 days ago.

My questions are who is responsible for classifying a line's capabilities? Is it Openreach or is it BT Wholesale?  If a line is incorrectly classified, who can change that classification, and how does anyone ask them to look into it, given that Openreach and Wholesale both don't receive contact from the public.

Many thanks

David

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Exchange Only line - misclassified - who is responsible for changing?

you can write to openreach and see if you can get database updated  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
David_S-H
Message 3 of 13

Many thanks for that.

Do you have the original link or sending page from Openreach's site to that form/survey?

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

people just complete the form and submit to openreach and normally get reply in a day or so

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
David_S-H
Message 5 of 13

Sorry, I was a little confused by it being a 'Formwize' site not Openreach, given that it is asking for a fair bit of personal info.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

that is correct method of contact for Openreach they use Formwize
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 13

0 Ratings
David_S-H
Message 9 of 13

I sent a request to that link, but without much help.

I received a stock response saying 'You have an Exchange Only line and we cannot provide you with fibre services, but we are eager to bring them to you etc etc' i.e. what it says on Openreach's 'Superfast' search engine.  I then received lots of information about how BDUK were spending billions to upgrade networks etc etc and I could club together with my neighbours to pay for an upgrade.  Funnily enough I already know about the work done by BDUK as the brand new dual use cabinet is sitting 200m from my house, specifically designed to cater for Exchange Only lines, which everyone is telling me has been connected to all the EO lines in the village! I had hoped they would look a little further into it, but it seems from their response not.

Not entirely sure where to go next, any suggestions other than bugging the long suffering man from BDUK?

Rgds

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

from other posts you should send form again and persevere as they eventually received a response from an actual person and not the auto reponse you have jus received  you need openreach to update the database for you to make progress