cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Extension cable from wall plate to router

Go to solution

I want to try repositioning my HH6 (with FTTC) to a more central part of the room. The cable from the telephone socket is fixed behind the face plate and I don’t want to disrupt that. Can an extension cable be used and, if so, is it a standard phone extension cable or something special?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Extension cable from wall plate to router

Go to solution

Which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

For imjolly, it is No 6. The broadband cable cannot be unplugged as with a phone plug .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

????

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

The question from imjolly was what socket I had and showed my a diagram with 7 of the variants, all numbered 1 to 7. I replied that it was no6. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

That part I understood, it was the second sentence that I didn't.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

With a normal telephone, the cable can be plugged into the socket. As far as I can see, the broadband cable is connected behind the faceplate and doesn’t look as though it can be unplugged without, perhaps, removing the faceplate. Are you saying that this cable can be unplugged?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Yes, the cable from the router to the socket should be plugged into the top socket of the two. It shouldn't be hard wired.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

OK, Thanks for that. There doesn’t seem to be anything to press down to release the plug though but I’ll have another look. That needs me to modify my question which now becomes, is the cable a special one or can I use a phone extension cable?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

You need an RJ11 - RJ11 lead. The release clip on the plug has probably snapped off so the plug is locked in the socket.

rj11plug.jpg

0 Ratings