cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Extremely Bad Ping Spikes Constantly

Hello, hope everyone is doing okay. I have a serious Wi-Fi issue and it's been bad for years, starting with really slow speed and now the ping is being affected really bad, having pings from 32ms then spiking up to 1000+ms ping which is incredibly frustrating as I game on the daily. The internet speed has recently seemed to get better, but god is the ping awful. Jumping from 35 ping to 1000+ms ping makes online gaming impossible.

I have had people come over to look at the Wi-Fi due to the incredibly slow upload compared to the download speed as you can see below. But they couldn't come up with a reason to why it's so bad except there possibly being a problem at the exchange. I have tried countless things and I am really stuck as the Wi-Fi that we are paying for it not living up the exceptions.

Please look at the images below and may someone get back to me with a solution ASAP, thanks guys.

po ping.PNG

epic ping.PNG

ping issues.PNG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Extremely Bad Ping Spikes Constantly

Hi,

Do you know what type of engineer you had attend? Was it Openreach or another 3rd party?

It's not a problem with your W-Fi per se, but a bad line that is causing the issues; your hub connection is synced at ~55Mbit Down, 1.25Mbit Up. Running a speedtest direct from the hub shows 45Mbit Down, 1Mbit Up.

Steve   

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Extremely Bad Ping Spikes Constantly

We've had both, all the Openreach guy did was changed an adapter, which did nothing. We then got someone third party to come over to have a look at the Wi-Fi as the problem was not fixed at all. He said it's like there is a problem with the cabling but not on our fault. I'm unsure what to do, should I give you guys a call?
0 Ratings