cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Extremely poor upload speeds.

Hi all, unsure if this is the right place to post this question. If it isn't please point me in the right direction and I shall redirect my question there.

So my main concern today is the *abysmal* upload speed we're getting for the household. It's ranging from around 0.2-0.8 and is preventing me from getting any of my freelance work done, since I can't upload changes and finished works to my clients. 

The download speed is fine- running at around 60mbps and the response latency is 11ms, but why is the upload speed so poor? We're running on BT infinity- one of the best deals as far as I know (As my mother's work pays for the internet) and we're on a home-hub 5. It shouldn't be this terrible- it hasn't been before! 

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Extremely poor upload speeds.

@Sheppard-Jones 

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Untitled-1.jpg

Alright, done. So I ran another speed test- this time on speedtest.net and the Ping was 8ms, the download speed was 67.38 mbps and the upload speed *still* 0.2 mbps. I was genuinely concerned for a moment I wouldn't be able to upload just this simple screenshot.

I also talked to BT support again. (A support centre in belfast). They believe it's a fault in our line- the download speed isn't even up to what they're promising and so an engineer will be sent around on Thursday.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

is this a business line?

dslchecker shows you have max 20mb up speed

run speedtest.net and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Already have, they're displayed in the post showing my results. Ping 8ms, DL 67, UL 0.2

The business line is attached to the internet, but we have a personal family line. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

sorry so you have BT Business broadband?

can you actually post diagnostic results from  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 7

If you have BT Business broadband then we can't help you here.

Go to the business forum. https://business.forums.bt.com/  where help will be rendered quickly. The SLA for busnesses is different.

0 Ratings