cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanoeye1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Extremely slow Infinity

Hi, I've been advised to post here after going to MSE. In short: My dad was talked into signing a new contract for his broadband in November last year. He lives in mid Wales and has never had a very good connection but as told he could have Infinity as it had been rolled in his area.
He signed up and told a new smart hub was on it's way and service would start on 4th December.
He was rushed into hospital on the 19th November and is still there. I went to his home to check on everything on 16th December. Speed from new hub was .2Mbs, rang BT and was told an engineer would need to visit. Arranged for 29th December, I made 100 mile trip and organised and paid someone to cover my work. Got to dad's to wait for engineer, rang and asked where he was to be told someone had cancelled him. Engineer re-organised for two weeks later. Next day get a call to say problem had been found outside property so no need for access and fault would be fixed that weekend.
This has happened three times over the last several weeks with nothing improving. Now at point where even promised ring back doesn't happen.
Dad, now 85, has relied on the internet for buying food and products and keeping in touch with family. He get's his prescription ordered online and will obviously be reliant on it even more so now.
What are my next steps, who can I complain to effectively and what are my chances do you think?
PS I have power of attorney.
Sorry for the lengthy first post!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Extremely slow Infinity

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
deanoeye1
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Many thanks
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Hi @deanoeye1 Sorry that you have not been able to get the problem with your Father's broadband fixed yet. 

i appreciate that under his circumstances that he is very reliant on a good connection. We will be happy to help you get this fixed if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
deanoeye1
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry, I've clicked your user name but on the next page can't find a link for CONTACT THE MODS

Can you point me in the right direction?

Mike

0 Ratings
deanoeye1
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Sorry found it now!! It's been a long day!!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 8

Due to your fathers needs I think this will be resolved quite quickly. I would advise you make sure (though I think the mods will do it ) that you register your father as an "at risk" customer. That is not the correct term but if your fathers health and safety is dependant on the connection all ISP's and Openreach will fasttrack any issue relating to it.

I'm sure the mod who replies to you will ensure the account is updated to reflect this.

0 Ratings
deanoeye1
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi, thanks for that advice but still waiting after five days for a response of any sort. Bt response seems to be as fast as the broadband at my dads!

0 Ratings