Something strange is going on with my connection, at random times of the day the connection will slowdown to a crawl, when this happens if I look at the maximum data sync rate it's usually down to below 2mbps, if I leave it a couple of hours and come back then it's back up to 55-65.
Surprisingly this has had no impact on my ping nor has it enabled any dlm profile change, anyone have any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?
Here are some modem stats when everything is working correctly just for reference.
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ41127343
3. Firmware version: Software version 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.11 (Type A) Last updated 06/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:07:32
6. Data rate: 15295 / 55249
7. Maximum data rate: 18409 / 64786
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation: 25.9 / 21.3
10. Signal attenuation: 25.8 / 20.2
11. Data sent/received: 24.2 MB / 107.5 MB
did you notice if noise margin changed at same time?
I just checked the modem stats and the noise margin is higher than yesterday but maxium sync rate is now 20meg lower.
I forgot to mention, I seem to be having to change my ADSL filters every couple of weeks....it's been an ongoing issue for some time could the both be linked to something? Since last summer I've gone through 2 faceplates and 4 adsl filters plugged into the master socket, nobody has been able to tell me why they break so often other than "they do break eventually"