cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Extremely slow speed at random times of day

Something strange is going on with my connection, at random times of the day the connection will slowdown to a crawl, when this happens if I look at the maximum data sync rate it's usually down to below 2mbps, if I leave it a couple of hours and come back then it's back up to 55-65.

Surprisingly this has had no impact on my ping nor has it enabled any dlm profile change, anyone have any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?

Here are some modem stats when everything is working correctly just for reference.

1. Product name:    BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:    +068343+NQ41127343
3. Firmware version:    Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 06/07/15
4. Board version:    BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:    0 days, 00:07:32
6. Data rate:    15295 / 55249
7. Maximum data rate:    18409 / 64786
8. Noise margin:    6.1 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation:    25.9 / 21.3
10. Signal attenuation:    25.8 / 20.2
11. Data sent/received:    24.2 MB / 107.5 MB

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Extremely slow speed at random times of day

did you notice if noise margin changed at same time?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 3 of 4

I didn't think to check that, I will keep note of everything if/when it happens next

0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I just checked the modem stats and the noise margin is higher than yesterday but maxium sync rate is now 20meg lower.

I forgot to mention, I seem to be having to change my ADSL filters every couple of weeks....it's been an ongoing issue for some time could the both be linked to something? Since last summer I've gone through 2 faceplates and 4 adsl filters plugged into the master socket, nobody has been able to tell me why they break so often other than "they do break eventually"

0 Ratings