cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Extremely slow upload speed

Hi

About a week ago I started experiencing issues while working from home so did a basic speed test and discovered that my usual 18mb upload speed was now around 0.6mb.  I contacted support and was fobbed off with the usual statement around no guaranteed upload speeds.  I did highlight that I wasn't looking for a guarantee but just an improvement.  I also mentioned that BT had been doing work in my cabinet about the same time my upload speed became a problem.

Here is the BT wholesale report

Performance Test Results Report
Basic Performance Test -
Time Stamp Latency Download Upload
Thursday 2 September 2021 | 10:53:27 16 Ms 69.53 Mbps 0 Mbps
Advanced Performance Test -
Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 69.53 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40-71.62 Mbps
Your DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 71.62 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 71.62 Mbps
Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 0 Mbps
For your connection, the maximum achievable upload speed is 20 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 20 Mbps
Summary Advanced Performance Test -
Result Message
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.It is possible that any
problems you have experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion or by a server responding
slowly. Please visit the Speed Test Guidance if you are unable to understand the test results

If anyone from BT reads this forum I would appreciate some basic support for the service I pay for

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Extremely slow upload speed

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Conrady_0-1630598644908.png

I don't use the home hub, what stats are you looking for?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

should have also said the quiet line test is ok

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

According to dslchecker you had an 74/19mb connection in July

Looking for connection stats including noise margin and internet connection time

Run btspeedtester and post results

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

The wholesale speed test results were in the original post, but I've just run it again and these are the results

Performance Test Results Report
Basic Performance Test -
Time Stamp Latency Download Upload
Thursday 2 September 2021 | 17:24:5 12 Ms 68.63 Mbps 0.15 Mbps
Advanced Performance Test -
Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 68.63 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40-71.62 Mbps
Your DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 71.62 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 71.62 Mbps
Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 0.15 Mbps
For your connection, the maximum achievable upload speed is 20 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 20 Mbps
Summary Advanced Performance Test -
Result Message
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.It is possible that any
problems you have experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion or by a server responding
slowly. Please visit the Speed Test Guidance if you are unable to understand the test results

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Still waiting for connection stats.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

like i said in the previous post, i don't use the home hub so what stats are you looking for?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I have already posted sort  of stats information needed

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Conrady,

If you connect to your router's management page, you should be able to find your connection information.

This will include things like your sync speed for download and upload, noise margin and connection time and a few other stats.

If you could include that information it will give us a good indication of how the connection is performing and what could be causing the lack of upload speed.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings