Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 14

FFTP Coming To Me

Hello all at the BT Community (inc. the MOD'S and the ADMIN'S) 🤗,

FFTP areasFFTP areas

Right I live in a town called Port Talbot, a city called Swansea (which is in South Wales) is literally down the road (8 miles) from me when will Openreach decide to roll-out FFTP to me? 

I would like to upgrade from FFTC to FFTP the future is here (PSTN; Public Switched Data Network) is switching off in 2025. 

Thank you 😬!

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: FFTP Coming To Me

You will need to ask Openreach that question.

You could try using this form.

Fibre Broadband Availability - Customer (openreach.co.uk)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 14

Hello @gg30340,

@gg30340wrote:

You will need to ask Openreach that question.

You could try using this form.

Fibre Broadband Availability - Customer (openreach.co.uk)

OK 😄, thanks for that. I'll ask and send them a message 😄.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14

Hi all BT Community,

Had a reply back from Openreach this morning, please take a look down below for the reply:

-----Original Email Message-----

SI C29426676 Re: Form 7214-170290 - Fibre Broadband Availability - Customer

VK

Vinay Kumar <sifibreenquiriesmop@openreach.co.uk>

Tue 05/01/2021 11:53

To: You <MY E-MAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY REASONS>

Cc: sifibreenquiriesmop@openreach.co.uk

Hello MY NAME REMOVED FOR PRIVACY REASONS,

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.

We don't have any plans to upgrade your area right now, but we can keep you up to date when things change. To receive any future updates please go to our fibre checker, input your postcode, choose your address from the drop-down, then scroll past the availability information and complete the Gigabit Fibre form and we’ll update you once plans change. www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband.

If you want to bring fibre to your property sooner there are a few options you could look into.

Community Fibre Partnership, Community Fibre Partnerships are for areas which can’t get fibre broadband, aren’t included in our plans to expand the fibre network, or are too far away from a fibre cabinet to get faster speeds. We split the costs of an upgrade between us and your local community, so we cover some of the costs and the community clubs together to fund the rest. The CFP team will also explore any voucher schemes which could help with the cost.

You can register here https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships and the team will be in touch.

Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) on Demand, FTTP on demand is a product which a few select service providers offer, which will give you a full-fibre FTTP broadband, as a bespoke installation direct to your premises. It is available across the UK – even in areas that cannot reliably get FTTC.

Fibre on Demand differs from standard FTTP in several important ways. As the fibre is delivered to your premises as a custom build, a substantial installation. If you would like to look into this option you’ll need to contact a service provider to place an order.

You can find a list of service providers on this link, just scroll down the page and click on demand https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

If you need to contact us further please use the following link, as the email account I’m writing to you from doesn’t accept replies. https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer

We do encourage you to explore either the community fibre or fibre on-demand solutions to bring faster speeds to your community

Kind regards,

Vinay Kumar
Fibre enquiries

Infrastructure solutions customer service
Openreach

Web: openreach.co.uk

We build and maintain the digital network that enables more than 600 providers to deliver broadband to homes, hospitals, schools and businesses large and small. Our engineers work in every community, every day, because we believe everyone deserves decent and reliable broadband.

This email contains Openreach information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. We monitor our email system and may record your emails.

Openreach Limited
Registered Office: Kelvin House, 123 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NP
Registered in England and Wales no. 106900390

-----End of Original Email Message-----

Basically FFTP they have no plans for my local area just yet, I defiantly don't want FFTPoD cost to much. Maybe I'll have to just wait until Openreach decide to launch FFTP too my local area 🤗😏.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Also worth checking the roadworks website for the next 12 months to see whether their is plans for BT rolling out fibre to your area.. often they just pop up anytime.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14

Hiya @jamie1985,

What's this website then where I can track the road works?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

@Anonymous 

Live traffic and works map - Streetworks

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14

Hi @CJT80,

Thanks is this including Openreach roadworks for FFTP too?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@Anonymous 

I shall be honest, I am not sure.  I was just finding the link for you 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 14

Hi @CJT80,

OK 🤗 thanks for the website I'll check it out right now!

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings