cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FFTP - Location of ONS

After waiting since mid November, Openreach contractor Kelly Communications turned up yesterday (7/01/21) to do a 1 stage FFTP to my bungalow, suffice to say the engineers was less than interested or helpful, he refused to put the ONS in my intergral porch/vestibule where I have installed a double socket as required with access to outside wall to front of house where the telegraph pole is located. He insisted it as ‘easier for him’ to put it my front bedroom, I stated that I had installed a double socket specifically installed in the vestibule for this, and in fact there is no double socket available in the front bedroom and it was not convenient at all. He mumbled to himself, in his ill fitting mask, refused to engage with me to explain what can be done, took some photos and then called his manager, after a brief three way conversation on speaker in which manager told me aggressively to stop telling engineer how to his job, he then told the engineer to go to his next job as he was running late. Without any explanation he then just left and drove off. I was absolutely stunned at this total lack of professionalism and made a complaint to BT.

But with no explanation of why he wouldn’t fit the ONS in the vestibule I am still at a loss as to what I need to do? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FFTP - Location of ONS

Hi @markc64,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

That's completely unacceptable. The person handling your complaint needs to feed this back to Openreach so they can hopefully contact Kelly's and make them aware.

Our complaints handler also needs to arrange a new appointment to get your services installed.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately due to new lockdown I now have a new install date of 11 March 2021, disappointing but understandable. I am just still furious at the way I as treated, particularly when I read about more complicated installations being completed with fully cooperative and understanding engineers. I do not want to deal with or have any Kelly Comms for my future installation, can I be assured that this will  happen.

Waiting for Kelly Comms to respond to my complaint and also an email from the BT complaints handler which I have not received as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I now have a new installation date of 11 March, nothing I can do about that due to lockdown restrictions, but pretty disappointed at the way I am being treated. I have received no email from my complaint handler, no contact from Openreach or Kelly Communications just feeling left in the lurch by incompetence, ignorance and laziness.
0 Ratings