cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
busy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

FIBRE TO CABINET CONFUSION ABOUT WHY SOME PEOPLE CONNECTED AND OTHERS ARE NOT

GLENCAPLE EXCHANGE CABINET 1 TEST RESULTS ONLY A FEW PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONNECTED TO FIBRE FROM THE NEW FIBRE CABINET OTHERS HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY CANNOT BE AFTERA MONTH OF  BEING TOLD THEY COULD BE 

THIS ONE SHOWS ONE LINES RESULTS WHICH HAS BEEN CONNECTED TO THE NEW FIBRE CABINET

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.57.32.png

THIS IMAGE SHOWS THE RESULT FOR ANOTHER ONE WHICH THEY SAY CANNOT BE ATTACHED TO FIBRE.  THEY PUT IN A NEW FIBRE EXCHANGE BUT ONLY A FEW PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONNECTED WHY IS THAT?  WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT GETTING AN EXPLANATION.  IT LOOKS OK TO ME.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.56.50.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: FIBRE TO CABINET CONFUSION ABOUT WHY SOME PEOPLE CONNECTED AND OTHERS ARE NOT

I think your caps lock button is broken.

There is no reason the line for the second image cannot have FTTC. Have they placed an order?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
busy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Re: FIBRE TO CABINET CONFUSION ABOUT WHY SOME PEOPLE CONNECTED AND OTHERS ARE NOT

The order had was put in and BT said it could be connected.  It is now two weeks past the date it was to go live and nothing, no explanation. They changed the date a few times not saying what was wrong.   Others in the village i  tested who came up with the same results on the checker have also recently put orders in and over a four week period were told there were getting it and then after four weeks told they were not getting it with no explanation.  There are only two people I know of in this small village who have managed to get a connection to the new fibre box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Has the order been cancelled?

If so, the order management team will be able to advise why.

Is this a brand new cabinet where there was no cabinet before? Or is it an existing cabinet that has had a fibre twin cabinet installed?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
busy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

This is an old exhange and they have  installed a second cabinet so that we can get fiber to cabinet connection for BT infinity.  My order is ongoing but no explanation.  As others have failed I expect this to fail too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Have you called and spoken to the online chat team?

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/275/c/1885
busy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

I have phoned need to wait until tomorrow now.  Two of my neighbours have been on the phone all day.  One thought he had fibre and he has not and the other one is trying to get a new connection there was one before but he took over the line they cut of the copper and he has been without any broadband for nine days now. Today when he was on the phone he was told Openreach had closed down the request for the line but he had not been notified.  Still no explanation.

0 Ratings
busy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I was assured yesterday that my line would be connected but no update.  I was told the new fibre cabinet has a problem with the blocks but that I would definateley be getting a line but still waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi @busy,

I'm sorry your order has been delayed. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Alucidnation
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Whats the point?

It sounds like Openreach are stone walling as usual.

0 Ratings