Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Manutdimy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

FIFA issue

Hi,

I know the FIFA problem thread got locked but I wasn't able to click on the contact us bit of the form of one of the mods.

Please help, just played again and it's as if someone else is controlling my players and it freezes for about 10 seconds before carrying on and lagging throughout with terrible reactions. Someone at BT/EA are hiding something about this issue. If this isn't fixed soon I will contact someone on fleet street so they can write an article on this because enough is enough.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: FIFA issue

Hi Manutdimy,

You can get in touch by clicking on my username and you'll see the link under the section "about me".

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

@Manutdimy wrote:

If this isn't fixed soon I will contact someone on fleet street so they can write an article on this because enough is enough.

Hi Manutdimy, I hope your problem gets answered by the moderators because trying to get someone on Fleet Street to respond won't help. The last newspaper left there about 10 years ago. Smiley Wink 

0 Ratings
Manutdimy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

Yeah I know! I meant it more as an expression haha

Friday
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Maybe the below should be done for fifa

"They monitored my connection while I was playing, were able to test and identify an issue with way the traffic is being handled. I would assume the it has come about because of the network/lag optimisations done in the Marionette patch."

Taken from https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-throttling-online-games-guild-wars-2-all...

Hi Robbie, Bye Robbie! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 18

Maybe so.

All they did according to BT, was

We have exhausted all possible tests and avenues from our end and have been unable to find any issue on the BT Network. We have tested this extensively with our network teams, the peering team in Europe and had contact with Rackspace and EA, but unfortunately we have been unable to find a fault that resides within BT’s network, so this means we are unable to pursue a fix.

But they didn't monitor anyone's connection.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Manutdimy
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

I saw that Friday! It depressed me because firstly the third party in that didn't co-operate and yet they found a problem where as Ea co-operated in our issue and yet no resolution. This might sound dumb but I'm not tech savvy but is there a way of replacing both the homehub 3 and the white openreach router to play? I know you can definitely replace one and use a third party router but was wondering if you could replace both?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 18

Yes you can, there's the Homehub5 or a Draytek or a Billion or a Fritzbox or an Asus or a Zyxel or even an unlocked Huawei HG612.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Manutdimy
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

I know people have tried a third party router to try and see if it makes a difference to the game but failed. I wonder if anyone has tried replacing both the HH and the white modem.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 10 of 18

Yesterday I played a friend who is also on BT infinity and the game was amazing so super smooth and fast we had 5 games and all were fine, then suddenly same person it started lagging..... WEIRD!
0 Ratings