Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FatherTime66
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

FTP errors since move to BT Infinity 1

Go to solution

I have FTP'd twice daily for 12 months (1000+ files at a time) to update my websites without issues on my old broadband provider BeThere. Since my move to BT Infinity last week most files upload ok but there are occasional errors. Sometimes the whole process appears to give up and marks the remaining files as errors too. I have tried alternative FTP software but get the same issue. Is there a known FTP issue with the BT Home Hub?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTP errors since move to BT Infinity 1

Go to solution
I've done fairly substantial ftp uploads with Infinity and HomeHub3B and no issues. Mainly FileZilla, but others occasionally.
0 Ratings
FatherTime66
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Called BT and they seemed preoccupied with my line speeds... reset my profile at the exchange etc but it's just as bad. Might have to buy another modem/router to prove it's the line or the home hub.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

You can remove the HomeHub from the equation by connecting the PC directly to LAN1 on the modem.

You than need to make a new PPPoE broadband connection on the PC:

user: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

pass: BT

(The user and pass are very forgiving, that is just a pair that works).

0 Ratings
FatherTime66
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Oh I didn't know that - thanks! Just had my finger hovering over an 'Add to cart' button too!

I'll give that a try this evening and report back - thanks again!

0 Ratings
FatherTime66
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Bypassed the HomeHub as suggested - wow - what a difference. I have never seen FTP go so fast and no errors!

Looks like I'll be making that puirchase after all!

I am so relieved, I rely on my websites and the updates - can't thank you enough! I imagined it was going to be a line issue which would drag on for months.

Many thanks for your replies, such an easy thing to try if you know how!

Thanks again...

Paul.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Excellent, Good luck with the new router. Post back to say how it goes (extra ammo for the HomeHubHaters).
0 Ratings
FatherTime66
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Quick update, ended up buying an Asus N66U, a bit pricey but well worth it.

The mrs couldn't connect at all to the home hub from the back bedroom (furthest from router), now we have 4/5 bars all through the house and the connection is super quick in comparison.

My ping is down to 10 from 40+. FTP'ing is an absolute dream now, no dropouts on XBox either.

All in all I am very happy compared with this time 2 weeks ago. Such a shame the excitement of getting fibre was extinguished immediately with a poorly performing router. Looks like BT are still clinging on to that poor reputation despite people like me giving them the benefit of the doubt as the years have gone by.

0 Ratings