Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stewartv
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

FTTC Cabinet Identification?

Go to solution

Hi,

|I am not sure if it is a bit of a red herring, but I have been informed that if one is connected to a Huawei FTTC cabinet, then a VDSL router with Broadcom chipset will perform better. Similarly, an ECI cabinet is based on Lantiq so getting a VDSL router using the Lantiq chipset is potentially more stable.

Is there any validity to this? I have identified that my cabinet is Huawei (Broadcom) and 600m away.

Reason for asking is that my Smarthub was very unreliable and the HH5 replacement seems to disconnect at least once a day and usually at inconvenient times - so looking for a good third party solution which will also provide a guest access option on wifi as well.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTC Cabinet Identification?

Go to solution
I don't think it's ever been 100% proven although people do claim to see better results when they match them up.

Why not try an Openreach modem which can be bought from popular auction sites for not very much money, coupled with the home hub or indeed a decent third party router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings