cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

FTTC Cabinet expansion

Currently connected to  an ECI which has never and is not showing waiters list but has just had a new Huawei cabinet installed as an expansion. How can I tell or find out when the Huawei is accepting orders so i can order a new line then cancel the old one .

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTC Cabinet expansion

You won’t need to cancel your old line as the VDSL Ties for the Huawei DSLAM will Route through the Copper PCP just like the ECI DSLAM.

You’ll know when it’s ready as the Wholesale Checker will go from saying there’s no available capacity to Accepting Orders.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

That's the issue it has never said there is no availability it's has always shown available 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

So what makes you think a new line would be connected to the Huawei box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Seen other posts on other forums were eci cabs have been expanded with a Huawei and people have ordered new lines that have been connected to the Huawei but these have been showing waiting list till the Huawei went live were as my cab has never shown waiting list. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

They’ll connect your line to the first available Port in the Cab, be it part of the ECI or Huawei DSLAM.

You can’t specifically request which DSLAM your line is connected to.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

That's what I thought, but now it's been expanded there is no way of knowing when the ECI cab is full. Don't know why it's been expanded off the ECI is not full and no new housing developments planned.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

One of Openreaches Goals is to not allow DSLAMS to run out of Capacity so instead of now waiting for a DSLAM to be full to add a new one they’re putting new ones in before they get full so they can keep up with demand.

There’s quite a few cabs round my way that have had a second and in some cases a third DSLAM put in.
0 Ratings