cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTC Cabinet

Go to solution

I have been ping ponging mails with BT regarding FTTP cables installed outside my premises and according to Openreach fibre checker exclude the first half dozen houses on my road from having FTTP available. 

I live on a private road that is a dead end with only about 24 houses and my most recent response from Openreach suggests that the other houses may be connected to a different Fibre cabinet. I want to check this and think it is highly unlikely but I cannot find the page where I can check what cabinets the premises are connected to. The old Openreach page isn't there anymore.

Can anyone give me a link to where I could look up this information.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTC Cabinet

Go to solution

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

phone numbers are best and most accurate

if FTTP I can't understand why which cabinet has anything to do with availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Many Thanks for the quick reply. This is what they said to me:
"I've looked into your query again and can see that the cabinet that you're connected to hasn't yet been upgraded for Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) and I'm afraid at the moment we don't have any plan to upgrade it. It might be possible that your neighbours who are getting FTTP service are connected to different cabinet/exchange/distribution point".
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

well rubbish as FTTP does not come from street cabinet but FTTC and G.Fast do

post the results of dslchecker using phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings