Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave2150
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

FTTC - Capped to 20Mbit

Helllo, 

Due to bad weather affecting our aluminium telephone cables, my line was capped to 20Mbit. The line has been repaired and is back to normal, yet the 20Mbit cap remains, as below:

Capture.PNG

Please can a moderator reset the DLM and remove the cap for me?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: FTTC - Capped to 20Mbit

Short answer, no. Your uptime is only 4hrs and Openreach prefer to let DLM go through its own process to reset the line which can take up to 14 days.

Only Openreach can reset DLM and if a mod requested it it would be refused due to the low uptime.

Concentrate on maintaining a solid connection, no resets to see if it makes a difference etc.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Until DLM has had a chance to do its job a moderator will not normally intervene. 

If the repair has just recently been completed, DLM will slowly restore your speeds to what you previously had. This can take a few weeks or even longer. 

0 Ratings
dave2150
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for the replies. I have had over 30 days uptime, with no sign of the cap being removed. BT remotely rebooted my router on the 11th of March to apply a firmware update, this is presumably to include BT's fix for G.INP on ECI DSLAMs, to which I'm connected. I gave it another 9 days of uptime and then rebooted today to see if the cap would have been lifted, sadly I'm still on 20Mbit, and have no confidence that it will be automatically removed. 

Would appreciate it if a mod could flick the switch for me and reset DLM.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

The mod said cannot 'flick a switch' to reset the DLM as that is controlled by openreach.  Any firmware update of your hub would have nothing to do with G.INP and at present openreach are only trialling this on ECI cabs after the previous failure

you need to maintain stable connection and repost after you can show stable connection of at least 14 days and maybe mods may be able to help if DLM has not started to take action

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dave2150
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the reply. You're mistaken, a moderator has not yet replied to my thread, hopefully one will who can contact Openreach to reset my DLM.

I'm not looking for feedback regarding G.INP - I can see it's been applied to my line shortly after the firmware update (confirmed via line stats with a HG612), so it's extremely likely that the firmware update was a pre-requisite for this to be re-enabled. This is besides the point of my post, I only mentioned it to confirm that BT themselves interrupted my 30 days uptime by performing a firmware update.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

I am not mistaken - the mods cannot flick a switch.  As I said and others given a stable connection the mods could make a request for a DLM reset to openreach who may or may not agree

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dave2150
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

"Flick a switch" was just an expression. I'm aware that a moderator would have to submit a request to BT, who would have to access my line configuration and perform a DLM reset. 

I await a moderator to review my thread, and thank you for the time you've taken to reply to my thread.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 12

No, a request would have to be submitted to Openreach and as soon as the low connection time was revealed the request would be refused.

Try again when you can show 14 days uptime.

0 Ratings
dave2150
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for the reply, however I'm just waiting for a moderator to review my thread, so no further response from yourself is required, Pippincp.

0 Ratings