Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devondisk0
Contributor
Message 1 of 40

FTTC Connection sync speed getting lower and lower

Go to solution

I would appreciate some help from one of the admin team if possible.  My connection was connected at 65 Mbps down and 16 Mbps up, however over time this has deteriorated to just 43 Mbps down and 17 Mbps up.

Replaced the v4 filtered faceplate and tried the connection with my homehub, even replacing the RJ11 no dice - unsure if the connection has been banded or the SNR profile just increased.

Tried speaking to offshore team via chat a couple of times and may as well bang my head against a wall.  They cannot run a KBD test and cannot seem to understand the problem - quoting my connection as being with estimates taken from tags.

I work for an ISP and spent some time working on ADSL and VDSL.  

Current line stats;

System Up Time 01:28:31
PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANPPPoE2459035472990790312675301:26:01
LAN1Link down5782252548640133198847001:27:44
LAN2Link down
LAN31000M/Full
LAN4Link down
WLAN b/g/n600M23933105120318762101:27:11
WLAN a/n/ac1300M10562130303925301:27:06

VDSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Link Rate43998 Kbps17376 Kbps
Line AttenuationD0( 15.9) D1( 38.4) D2( 57.8) dBU0( 5.4) U1( 29.5) U2( 45.6) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB
Noise MarginD0( 10.0) D1( 9.9) D2( 10.0) dBU0( 5.9) U1( 5.9) U2( 5.9) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB
0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 40

Re: FTTC Connection sync speed getting lower and lower

Go to solution

it looks like your line is in banded profile and with low connection time and high noise margin would be consistent with unstable connection

can you enter phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

is there any noise on quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
devondisk0
Contributor
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

Nothing on the quiet line, should have mentioned testing that, the connection was regraded from 55/10 some time ago where it was getting 55mb consistently so I know the connection is capable.  Once uncapped on the 80/20 service I got way above estimates quoted in tags for some time.  I have checked the router stats a few times over the last few weeks and have not noticed disconnections.

The line stats were captured following a reload of my router.  Of course not having access to radius logs I cannot be 100% about the stability of the line.  Although I am a network engineer who often works from home and probably would have noticed.

0 Ratings
devondisk0
Contributor
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution
Exchange CULLOMPTON is served by Cabinet 10

Exchange Code:    WWCULL        Postcode:    

Featured Products RAG WBC FTTC Availability WBC SOGEA Availability Reason Code Capacity Date Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps) Left In Jumper
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) Green Enabled - G - 57.6 40 12.9 8.5 35 -
VDSL Range B (Impacted) Green Enabled - G - 46.4 27.4 11.5 6 20.1 -
Featured Products RAG WBC FTTP Availability Reason Code Capacity Date Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Line Range in Mbps
FTTP on Demand Green Enabled - Z - 330 30 - -
ADSL Products RAG Service Availability Reason Code Capacity Date Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Line Range in Mbps Left In Jumper
WBC Green Enabled - G - Up to 12.5 - 7 - 17 -
WBC(Annex-M) Green Enabled - G - Up to 12.5 Up to 1 7 - 17 -
WBC Fixed Rate Green Enabled - G - Up to 2 - - -
WBC Rate Adaptive Green Enabled - G - Up to 2 - - -
Max Green Enabled - G - Up to 8 - 7 - 8 -
Fixed Rate Green Enabled - G - Up to 2 - - -
Rate Adaptive Green Enabled - G - Up to 2 - - -
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

can you post dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
devondisk0
Contributor
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution
Posted results from BTW Tags online above
0 Ratings
devondisk0
Contributor
Message 7 of 40

Go to solution
CULLOMPTON is served by Cabinet 10
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 57.6 40 12.9 8.5 35 Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 46.4 27.4 11.5 6 20.1 Available -- --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 12.5 -- 7 to 17 Available -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 12.5 Up to 1 7 to 17 Available -- --
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

obviously your line is capable of a faster speed as seen on dslchecker but I think you are in banded profile until the DLM relents and speed increases  as you are on Huawei cab you will also benefite from G.INP after banding releases

ifyour line is stable I have seen a recent post where phoning CS and then getting tech support the customer was able to get a DLM reset

devondisk0
Contributor
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution

DLM reset would be perfect, its a joke that resetting the DLM required an engineer.  Even going back to ADSL Max DLM reset's were always available remotely.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

as I said this customer was able by talking to tech support to get DLM reset without engineer visit might be worth a try otherwise it could be weeks before banding releases unlike adsl2

0 Ratings