cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTC DLM Reset

I have been having intermittent issues with my FTTC connection dropping a couple of times a day for a few months now.  To cut a long story short, couple of weeks ago I removed all of the old internal phone wiring and moved my HH6 next to the master socket.  I've run some Cat6 cabling around the house to get connectivity where I need it.

I was getting speeds of around 35/10 down/up before the changes, and would struggle to achieve more than a few hours DSL uptime. 

Since the changes, the DSL has been solid, my upstream increased immediately to 15Mbps and after a few days the downstream increased to 40Mbps.  All good.

The max data rate is now shown as just over 50Mbps and at 40Mbps the noise margin is a steady 8.9db, so I think I should be able to get another few Mbps on the downstream.

How do I get DLM reset on the line please?

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

31-Mar-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

5 Days, 9 Hours 15 Minutes 19 Seconds

Data rate:

15.98 Mbps / 40.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

15964 / 50528

Noise margin:

6.1 dB / 8.9 dB

Line attenuation:

37.4 dB

Signal attenuation:

26.6 dB / 37.4 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTC DLM Reset

What product are you on ‘BT Essentials’ is 40Mb download, or are you on a faster package ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

connection time is only 5 days and it can take a few weeks for the DLM to automatically increase your speed and reduce noise margin after line problems so just a matter of waiting for auto process

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@iniltous  The OP wouldn't have 15Mb upstream speed on an essentials package.

@blueboy2001  Unlike ADSL your ISP cannot reset DLM. As long as your connection is now stable and remains that way the DLM should relent automatically.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I'm on BT Fibre with Halo 1 which I think is a 80/20 FTTC product (line permitting of course)

0 Ratings