Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 41

FTTC Dropouts

Go to solution

Good Morning, 

Back again with issues with my line.  QLT is clear on a Corded (known to be working fine) Handset.

Had an engineer round Tuesday and it was basically NFF.   It dropped out for no reason last night, and again just now for about 2-3 minutes.  Starting to get annoying now.

Hub StatsHub Stats

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41

Re: FTTC Dropouts

Go to solution
A couple of drop outs a day is seen as acceptable to Openreach Engineers.

Except on Friday afternoons, anything less then 500 isn’t even worth getting the ladders off the van for.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 41

Go to solution

@Starwire2000

Really? It's just annoying! It drops out for a few mins and then comes back to life.. at least 2 or 3 times yesterday and once today!

I did spot a Kelly van outside my house (well he parked accross the drive), he was installing a line in another flat.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @CJT80,

I have had disconnection problems for months with BT's response ebing anything up to 5 connections does not constitute a fault.

It got a lot worse earlier this month, with 19 disconnections in one day.  Eventually a mod got involved but I was forced to accept that one or tow disconnections are NORMAL and I have to live with it.

So I wish you well with your efforts !!

See :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Daily-disconnects-and-sporadic-slow-speeds/m-p/186875...

and

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Persistent-disconnects/td-p/1903288
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 41

Go to solution

The Saga Continues. 

Connection was off completly Tuesday evening.  I was out from 3:30 pm and was home around 10:30 pm. When I got in the Hub had an Orange Flashing Light.  Rebooted it and it finally went Blue.  Connection worked fine before 3:30 pm.  No idea when it went down.

Tonight I got home at 10:05 pm to find the Orange light was back.  Same situation.  So that's 2 dropout's in 1 week. 

Either I have a dodge line, or a bad HH! 

Any suggestions? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 41

Go to solution

As you have had an engineer visit in last week then probably phoning CS and request replacement hub would be next and if that doesn't fix it then engineer visit again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 41

Go to solution

@CJT80

If you really want to prove whether its the hub, without a long process, and are prepared to try a different router, you should be able to get a suitable replacement locally for about £40.

You can always return  it, if it does not fix the problem.

If you want more info, please ask.

The home hubs do seem to a bit prone to random disconnections.

The alternative is to persuade BT to send you another home hub.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 41

Go to solution

@imjolly and @Keith_Beddoe

Thank you both.  I will get back onto CS later and see where that get's me. 

Also @Keith_Beddoe I believe the £40 router is the TP Link TD-W9970?

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 41

Go to solution

@CJT80 wrote:

Also @Keith_Beddoe I believe the £40 router is the TP Link TD-W9970?

Yes, you can usually get one at Argos, or online. My daughter had similar issues with disconnections at her house, until I changed it to a W9970.

I can monitor it from here. These are the current stats and uptime.

Device Information

Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.2 v0076.0 Build 170919 Rel.61201n

Hardware Version:TD-W9970 v2 00000000

System Up Time:33 day(s) 13:15:43

DSL

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/L

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 5975 41491
Max Rate (Kbps) 5975 40475
SNR Margin (dB) 6.1 2.4
Line Attenuation (dB) 39.9 18.1
Errors (Pkts) 0 0
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 41

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe

Excellent!  Looks like £40 well spent! 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings