cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dk1uk
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: FTTC Enabled Cabinet but only offered Broadband Unlimited

So OpenReach came over today and I now have my ADSL connection, reasonably painless though it took another engineer to deal with some underground cable issue that I didn’t really understand.

Anyhow, before they headed over to the cabinet I asked if it was easy to tell just by looking in the cabinet whether all of the VDSL slots were taken.  He came back and said yes, all gone so we’d need to wait for the cabinet to get more slots.

We’re on a new development with loads or houses being built around us so I’m hoping that the upgrade is on OpenReach’s roadmap. Is there anywhere to check this?

many thanks.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 12 of 19

There's no way for you to check.

0 Ratings
dk1uk
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

OK thanks. Despite BT telling me that the cabinet is full, I checked OpenReach's site this morning with my new phone number and it says it's available.

On BT's site, I have just been able to order the upgrade to Infinity so I'm hoping that order would only have been allowed if it is indeed available. Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 19

The order should not have  gone through if it wasn't available, looks like you dropped lucky.

Keep us updated.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

keep your fingers crossed as you wouldn't be the first to post on forum having ordered infinity but due to openreach slow checker update the order was cancelled - hope you are lucky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dk1uk
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Thanks all. Yes I've seen a post or two like they.

Last night the OpenReach checked read:
“Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre, but you may not be able to order a service because our engineers are carrying out some maintenance on the cabinet that connects your home. We're aiming to complete this work as soon as possible, so please check back for an update.”

This morning it had changed to "Great news, Superfast fibre is in your area."

I got onto a chat session with BT who said it was available. Per my posts above they had originally told me it wasn't available but that was a few weeks back before I'd had my phone line/broadband installed.

So I've done all I can to check, now I just have to wait until 12th April.

My current connection is about 6mb, not as bad as engineer had expected as I'm 950m from the cabinet. Even so, Infinity would at least triple that I think.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

enter your phone number and see http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dk1uk
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Thanks, here's the checker results.  I think this looks positive?

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

looks ok with estimated speed 33/21mb bit faster than your 6mb