cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTC Fault?

My router now and again resync's ramdonly at only 27mpbs. My normal standard is 60mbps (it used to be 80mbps but dropped after a cab replacement).

I had thought this might be my tplink router being silly, so switched back to a HH6 to check and it still happens.

If I give it a while and reset my router, it will resync back to 60mpbs.

Does this possibly point to an issue on my line? If I reported it would anything be done, given that it will go back to 60 eventually?

Thoughts?

Thanks Michael

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTC Fault?

Post the connection stats from the hub. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

Try a quiet line test, 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. The line should be silent between announcements. May get a dull hum with cordless phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

This screenshot was 12 mins after the reconnection. Need to find a corded phone for the quiet line test.

Screenshot_20201022_230650_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Your noise margin is very high at 17.6db, normal is about 6db, suggesting problems with many drops in connection and probable line problem.  Trying quiet line test might confirm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Just had a look at the HH. Noise down to 8.3

Seems it went off 7 hours ago; Odd that no one noticed usually the child would kick off 🙂

HH.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I would check your line for noise  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Just done the quiet line test as my line just resynced again 15 or so mins ago, thankfully it came back at 60mpbs not 20+.

Nothing on the line test sounded abnormal, just a background hum, which I assume is normal. There was no cracking or anything like that.

I went through a report a BB fault on bt.com, just to see what it said. No issues found.

But surely my line should not keep resyncing. I think that 3 times now in the last 7 days, twice where it sync'd to 20+mbps.

Screenshot_20201022_230650_com.android.chrome.png

0 Ratings