cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 44

Re: FTTC Fibre 2 ¦ Product Speed Review.

Go to solution

You are entirely missing the point.

The only speed that is guaranteed is the 'raw' DSL sync speed, measured at the input to the modem or modem portion of a home hub. The speed you are measuring at your device can never be the same as the sync speed as all the various protocol overheads take up a proportion of the speed. Download speed is expected to be about 96% of sync speed. Download speed is also subject to the vagaries of the tester being used, and any local issues.

PS Please stop completely editing your posts to something entirely different to the original. Edits are normally made to correct typos or add extra information.

Message 12 of 44

Go to solution

How long have you been on FTTC?

Initial install here gave very nearly your download speeds...Upload, I never worried, but think it was around 10mbps.

Wait for a few weeks/ months, and then look at your download speeds. They may drop to around 60mbps.

Message 13 of 44

Go to solution

Seeking consensus with my associates, who are all on FTTC 80/20. There upload speeds are in excess of 15Mbps.
Since during this thread; it appears that the observer is unable to indicate the fault may be with the OR Modem or the BT HH3B. Remote Testing is no testing at all.
There's no open-mindedness on this issue. It time to close it out, again.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 44

Go to solution

You need a new router. BT should issue you a new router. End of.

Message 15 of 44

Go to solution

Considering you are able to order the g.fast product, this would force BT to send you a new smarthub and you will get faster downloads and uploads. Problem solved.

Message 16 of 44

Go to solution

A new Router would be an option.
From the tone of the replies in this thread; nobody is allowed to question the Results of the Remote Access Testing Procedures, that determine the Data Speeds. Testing is, Mechanical Interface to Product Specific Interface. Testing around 'Loop-Back Relays' don't test the whole circuit. Any test, that the customer has no access to on there interface, isn't a definitive test, it's a lottery. I have several Broadband Speed Testers bookmarked. I use consensus; that's all the customer has on offer.
Maybe we're no longer Customers, and in some strange time-warp, morphed back to Subscribers subject to unilateral diktats.
Dopey-Ab350-0.17x10.gif

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 44

Go to solution

G.FAST is delivered using your existing FTTC setup only requiring new hub and Possibly new master Socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 44

Go to solution

G.Fast at 330Mbps Down and 50Mbps Up is available for you to order. It is delivered via your copper connection from the cabinet, it is not FTTP.

fast.jpg

Message 19 of 44

Go to solution

I'm an incredibly low bandwidth user. That's why this 'Upload Speed Dilemma', hasn't ended up in the BT CEO Inbox. I have no use for G.Fast. At any future contract I could go to Fibre 1. The numbers would be OK for Upload @ Fibre 1. Eventually, I'll get fed up with the scripted, 'I haven't a clue, what he's banging on about. I've got my stat, he's gone.' attitude, and reignite my determination. Until then it's 80/10.
RAerial-Pass500-0.1x10.gif

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 44

Go to solution

You can always rule out a problem with the HH3 by setting up a direct PPPoE connection from laptop to Openreach modem.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned it previously.