cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 44

Re: FTTC Fibre 2 ¦ Product Speed Review.

Go to solution

I don't get why you would not want to utilise G.fast... Even if you dont use the download the upload is significantly faster and you get the newer router rather than the terrible HH3... which doesn't even have AC wifi... I am baffled by your responses... 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 44

Go to solution

@samtheaspiewrote:

I don't get why you would not want to utilise G.fast... Even if you dont use the download the upload is significantly faster and you get the newer router rather than the terrible HH3... which doesn't even have AC wifi... I am baffled by your responses... 

Perhaps he doesn't want to pay more for what he doesn't need. Perhaps he doesn't use WiFi. Perhaps he just wants to find out why he's only getting 10mb upload when the remote test says 16.99mb.

Message 23 of 44

Go to solution

I just want to find out and fix why my Upload Speed is running at 50%'ish.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 44

Go to solution

All the information you've posted (and then deleted) would suggest you are getting way above 50% of your upload speed.

If on the other hand you are looking to get an upload speed beyond what you currently get, then maybe look at the g.fast option.

Message 25 of 44

Go to solution

You have made a valid point. Why the "lower" upload speed than that given in your statistics? I suppose it's academic, really.
Your statistics show a good upload speed, and your are helped by being only 100 yards from the cabinet, (a point I had missed in your first post).
Don't suppose your will ever receive a direct answer, other than those already given.  Actual speed is always lower, than declared speed. 
I suppose it's too late in the day for BT to lower the declared upload speeds to stop users complaining.🤔

Message 26 of 44

Go to solution

[ All the information you've posted (and then deleted) would suggest you are getting way above 50% of your upload speed. ]
The suggestion that 'you are getting way above 50% of your upload speed.' Is just fabricated, insulting, nonsense.
I wish posts would stick to the point in hand, and decline adding neferious garbage.

The information that was removed, was for clarification. It appeared that the replies were running off the original question." Who do I contact to check my config ?" I'm just curious as to why the stats indicate I'm running 80/16.99Mbps; but, I only see 10Mbps Upload. I'm looking into resourcing a 2nd HH3B, to view any difference.

As for G.Fast. I don't require any higher speed product. I use the Fibre 2 product because, way back in the past,  I was offered a free upgrade from ADSL 8Mbps - FTTC Fibre 2 80/20. It's enough bandwidth for me.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 44

Go to solution

Before you go buying another hub why don't you try my suggestion. This will show if the fault is in the hub or not.

Message 28 of 44

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

Before you go buying another hub why don't you try my suggestion. This will show if the fault is in the hub or not.

There we go again. 'buying'; didn't mention buying. I chose 'resourcing', because it has a much broader meaning.
OK, 'buying' is enclosed in 'resourcing'. Should of used the word 'borrow'.
Speed test on an associates, same product, HH3B, and borrow that HH3B.
If the results are the same as my HH3B, might just be 'give-up-time' ? Can't spend a lifetime chasing rainbows ?

Your idea is on the back burner, I mean to dismantle the circuit, the least amount of times. I'm using it. C-P.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 44

Go to solution

I don't think getting hold of a now very old and out dated hub is going to do any good.

It's weird that you complain at your speed, but on the other hand say it's enough for you.

The reason for the g.fast is not only would it get BT to give you a new smartbub, but also it would mean that an engineer would be there to change any wires or extensions that need replacing, it also requires a new master socket, this would make sure that there is nothing impeding your speed on your end.

Other than this, I'm at a loss what your actual complaint is all about as you seem satisfied with your current speed.

Message 30 of 44

Go to solution

@Checked2013wrote:

It's weird that you complain at your speed, but on the other hand say it's enough for you.

Other than this, I'm at a loss what your actual complaint is all about as you seem satisfied with your current speed.

It's all to do with VFM (Value4Money). About £4 p/m: Fibre 2 - Fibre 1. I'm paying for 80/20, I appear to be on 80/10. The **/10 goes with Fibre 1.
I'd be happy with two Cola tins and a length of string; as long a they'd connect to the internet. Very light user.

0 Ratings