cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 44

Re: FTTC Fibre 2 ¦ Product Speed Review.

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

It's all to do with VFM (Value4Money). About £4 p/m: Fibre 2 - Fibre 1. I'm paying for 80/20, I appear to be on 80/10. The **/10 goes with Fibre 1.
I'd be happy with two Cola tins and a length of string; as long a they'd connect to the internet. Very light user.

how can you be on 80/10 when you connection stats show 80/16.99mb

there are no guarantees on download/upload speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 32 of 44

Go to solution

Okay, you say you are a very light user. Therefore your current setup is perfectly fine for you, so not sure why your original gripe was relevant or  needed. I guess you were just moaning for the sake of it.

Message 33 of 44

Go to solution

@Checked2013wrote:
Okay, you say you are a very light user. Therefore your current setup is perfectly fine for you, so not sure why your original gripe was relevant or  needed. I guess you were just moaning for the sake of it.

At the mechanical interfaces of my HH3B (RJ45 sockets); I would like to see more than 'upload 10Mbps'. The product description 80/20 indicates more than 10Mbps, even though the hyperthetical, software, derived stats indicate acceptable service 16.99Mbps. The logic of my observations is that I never got the 20Mbps from the get-go; therefore, I suspect my HH3B carries an upload fault from the RJ45 sockets. I am attempting to investigate this anomaly, by the substitution method.
At the end of my deliberations; if I'm right, I'll seek redress. If I'm wrong, I'll accept the results.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 44

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

It's all to do with VFM (Value4Money). About £4 p/m: Fibre 2 - Fibre 1. I'm paying for 80/20, I appear to be on 80/10. The **/10 goes with Fibre 1.
I'd be happy with two Cola tins and a length of string; as long a they'd connect to the internet. Very light user.

My Contract carries the following Important Information.
We estimate download speeds between 66-73 Mbps.
Upload speeds between 14-15Mbps
Stay Fast Guarantee 60Mbps. C-P

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 44

Go to solution

As a very light user, why would you need or want faster than the upload speed you have?

Also, you can't expect a decade old hub to be perfect in today's standard.

Please could you post a current speed test?

Message 36 of 44

Go to solution

@Checked2013wrote:

As a very light user, why would you need or want faster than the upload speed you have?

Also, you can't expect a decade old hub to be perfect in today's standard.

Upload Speed, somewhere closer to the billed & estimated 14-15Mbps

A decade old hub, is 10-years old.
A decayed old hub, is knackered.
BT are happy to contract you with their legacy loaned kit. Must be OK ! C-P

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 44

Go to solution

So why are you complaining about your upload speed then???

Also BT have not supplied that kit to customers for years.

Message 38 of 44

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

@imjollywrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

As I pointed out already all speeds quoted by BT including the above quote from your contract are connection speeds to your router/hub and are not download speeds  If you read the T&C this is clarified and has been posted several times on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 44

Go to solution

@Checked2013wrote:

So why are you complaining about your upload speed then???

Also BT have not supplied that kit to customers for years.

I can only guess, we're entering into the World of Wind-Up.
Where Technically Gifted ends, and Chancers flourish.
The 'thread' is broken by systematic divergence from the original subject matter.
The upside of this thread is, I'm getting considerable value out of my 80/10. C-P

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 44

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

@imjollywrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

As I pointed out already all speeds quoted by BT including the above quote from your contract are connection speeds to your router/hub and are not download speeds  If you read the T&C this is clarified and has been posted several times on the forum

That which is inaccessible to the hub, stays in the hub.
It's only a shame, all ISPs promote their own Online Speed Tests, that are about as good as a Chocolate Router. C-P

0 Ratings