Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
benjolly
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

FTTC Help - Cabinet / Availability Question

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to assist with this as everyone I have spoken to at BT seem to be stumped, however, I am due to speak to someone "technical" tomorrow to see if they have any ideas. Saying this, my current responses don't seem to be getting me anywhere as no one seems to have a clue!

So I thought I would turn to here as I can see several technical questions, but not seem to be the same as below. 

I ordered Infinity based on the postcode to where I was moving on the 7th January, as of the 24th January they enabled the phoneline, this was fine, then suddenly didn't seem to work or be possible for any sort of broadband capability. This went on for about a week and then again it was "fine", I was then rang last week (4 weeks after placing my order) and told that BT cannot provide Infinity due to the line not being enabled to do so. This was due to their computer telling them I can't have it, no other reason, as you can imagine, this isn't really what I signed up for and was somewhat annoyed by this "customer service". I have done my own research which i've placed below and no one can say to why the below won't allow me to have the fibre service. Saying that, I've not spoken to anyone techincal yet as I only seem to be able to speak to sales teams / "the offline team".

My postcode is LS28 6PN. The area is enabled for FTTC, including the cabinet that I am connected to (Cabinet 7 - Pudsey). The cabinet is outside the address where I live, I can see it whilst I type this email.

The phone number that I have been given also connects to Cabinet 7, Pudsey, however, does not allow me to obtain FTTC.

Upon moving in, I did many checks including that one properties around the area within 50 meters of where I live, all of which can get Fibre by checking on the BT Wholesale site. (Some are small shops and have phone numbers which state they too connect to Cabinet 7, but are able to get FTTC. 

Below is the checks I can do using the post code and exact house number:

me address.JPG
Below is using the phone number I have been given last week by BT:

me phone.JPG
Below is using a phone number of the property opposite my house, the cabinet (7) is on my side of the road, closer to me than it is to them:

neighbour phone.JPG

I've done this on a few properties around where I live and they are all showing the same information, just where we are they won't allow it via the phone number I have been allocated.  

Upon speaking to my friend, who was an Openreach engineer he suggested I ask that the routing information is checked. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

As mentioned all of the information given states I should be able to receive the fibre service, the below states 100% and I am about 900 metres from the exchange upon checks. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the phone number I have given by BT upon signing up for the service over 5 weeks ago.

exchange.png 
Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can provide, I'm not sure if anyone will have any ideas but if you do please let me know as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with BT. 

Apologies for anything I may have missed as this is my first post... Please let me know if you think you can help and if you need any further information from me.

Cheers,
Ben 
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTC Help - Cabinet / Availability Question

I think you're just waiting for a database update to be done.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
benjolly
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for getting back to me, any ideas on how long this takes or if there is anything I can do / anyone I can speak to about this?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

I think the Mods may be able to help with this
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi benjolly,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

It does look like this involves an update from our end.  I'm happy to give you a hand to get this sorted.  Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
benjolly
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks both, I've dropped the details through so fingers crossed...

0 Ratings
benjolly
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi Robbie,

I sent the details through yesterday and just wondered if there is a standard eta for someone to respond to this?

Sorry to pester, I was expecting a call from someone at BT yesterday and they didn't ring (again). I'm also expecting an engineer to be coming tomorrow but I have a feeling they might not turn up, even though I'm returning from work in London especially for this reason.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

The moderators can take up to five working days to reach your request for assistance in their work stack.

0 Ratings