Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 54

Re: Another ORDI request.

@garethrjones92 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe it doesn't show me how I go about it through that website, I've had a good look more than once

https://gov.wales/broadband-in-wales/what-are-my-options

Its quite possible you were not included in the original rollout.

To be quite honest, you must be very close to the exchange with an expected speed of 15Mbs, which should be more than enough for most things, and is a lot better than many people get.

I assume you do not have an ADSL connection yet, as there are no test results recorded?

0 Ratings
garethrjones92
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 54

Screenshot_20200204_200019.jpg

@Keith_Beddoe

NNumber 7 of same road name and postcode can get it and number 4 can too. They can show their interest in FTTP already. 

0 Ratings
garethrjones92
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 54

Screenshot_20200204_200503.jpg

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 54

@garethrjones92wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe it doesn't show me how I go about it through that website, I've had a good look more than once

Really?

2020-02-04 20_05_51-Superfast broadband _ GOV.WALES.png

garethrjones92
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 54

Screenshot_20200204_201150.jpg

@Keith_Beddoe  yes I've got ADSL but if I Video call my daughter who lives 6 hours away I get severe lag and if my brother even loads a game my speed is affected. Some days I average 5-7mbps down

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 54

It should be much better than that, which would indicate to me that you either have a fault on your line, or an issue with your internal phone wiring.

Capture.JPG

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Which BT Home Hub do you have?

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpeg

filtered_sockets.jpg

0 Ratings
garethrjones92
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 54

@Keith_Beddoe  I have the 2nd type and haven't got a land-line connected to test for noise. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 54

@garethrjones92 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe  I have the 2nd type and haven't got a land-line connected to test for noise. 

You will need to test for noise.

There are quite a few people that do not plug a house phone in to check dial tone every so often. This can cause issues with broadband. Also, if one wire has become disconnected (quite common), then that will cause no broadband,  constant disconnections, or a very low speed.

The solution is to get hold of a cheap (less than £10) wired phone, and plug it into the phone socket to see if you get dial tone.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

With the master socket you have, you need to connect up to the test socket as shown here.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

If you have any extension sockets, then they should terminate on the extension wiring terminals shown on the left.

If they are not terminated there, then your internal phone wiring is incorrect.

0 Ratings
garethrjones92
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 54

@Keith_Beddoe  I can hear a very faint noise like its got interference. Totally forgot I hid the phone as I'm on pay as you go tarrif with BT, will try disconnect the front to see if I still get the noise

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 54

@garethrjones92 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe  I can hear a very faint noise like its got interference. Totally forgot I hid the phone as I'm on pay as you go tarrif with BT, will try disconnect the front to see if I still get the noise

It should be totally quiet.

Do you have any other phone sockets in the house?

0 Ratings