cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 54

Re: Another ORDI request.

No, just have the one socket on the wall, the backing plate has been in for 15 years plus though. Front plate is about 18 months old if that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 54

@garethrjones92 wrote:

No, just have the one socket on the wall, the backing plate has been in for 15 years plus though. Front plate is about 18 months old if that

The picture you pointed out, is the new NTE5C, and would have been fitted with a new backplate, as the front just clips on.

Are you sure you have described the right socket?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 54

Sorry I meant the box plate that holds the new NTE5C, also just seen it looks like the cable has previously been cut by OR engineers when we last had a fault where the dial tone was unsteady and BBand would drop if a call was made. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 54

Which BT Home hub do you have?

If you can connect things up as shown on my diagram, then that will eliminate any issues with the front section.

Please can you post the connection information from the home hub once you have things connected up.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 54

Screenshot_20200204_213219_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_213235_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_213246_com.android.chrome.jpg

@Keith_Beddoe @Is that what you were looking for?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 54

Yes.

You are actually connected at 24Mbs, which is just about as fast as you can get, you must be very close to the exchange.

Capture.JPG

If you are seeing a slow rate on your computer, then there must be something wrong with your internal network. You should be getting at least 18Mbs download speed.

Please make sure you have disabled Smart Setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Please can you post the results from the speed test. You must be connected to a computer using an Ethernet cable

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 54

@Keith_Beddoe speed.png

@Keith_Beddoe.Using my brothers PC which is connected by Ethernet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 48 of 54

@Keith_Beddoe  was about right as you have 19mbps download.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 54

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your connection, so I do not know why you were getting such a slow speed before, unless it was on a mobile phone which was connected via wireless, which would be much slower.

Anyway, there is nothing more I can add, your Internet speed is very good, and you should be able to do almost anything on it, so I would not worry about a faster connection for now.

I have never seen an upload speed as fast as that, on an ADSL connection.

I am off to bed now.

If you need more advice, there are possibly other forum members who stay up later than me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 54

@Keith_Beddoe thank you for your help.

0 Ratings