cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTC Profiles & Speed

Hi All,

Is it still a feature of FTTC to stabalise over a few weeks to increase speed, or does this not apply any more?

I'm only asking as when I moved into my current property, I had lots of disconnections. BT Replaced the copper line, ran into the house with the latest socket they're installing. I'm very close to the cab so feel that I should be getting *slightly* better speeds (Unless the line back to the cab is taking an odd course!)

Thank you

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTC Profiles & Speed

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

No problem, some more info - 

Quiet line test absolutely fine, no problems there.

Stats from HH6:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ63141856

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

11-Mar-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

5 Days, 9 Hours 35 Minutes 10 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 65.75 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

24239 / 66060

Noise margin:

7 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

14.1 dB

Signal attenuation:

8.5 dB / 14.1 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

BT Broadband Checker:

hhstats.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Which exchange and cab are you as you deleted that from your post?

have you tried using the test socket to see if that helps especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Exchange is STREET, Cabinet 6.

This may just be the best speeds I can expect, I was just hoping(!) for a bit more considering the cab is just around the corner...

Going straight into the new socket provided by Openreach when they replaced the copper line a couple of weeks ago (5C, MK4)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Unfortunately you are on ECI cab so not going to get a speed boost from G.INP

i appreciate you are now using the new filtered master socket but have you checked that faceplate is clipped on securely?  Have you tri d using test socket which is behind front plate especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply, some useful information knowing the cab is ECI and not one of the later versions.

I'm actually upgrading to Fibre 100 after an offer came through, out of interest, do you know what OR involvement is needed for the engineer visit for this?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

normally need engineer visit to change the master socket to allow G.FAST.  Bear in mind G.FAST uses the same copper line and conenection you are currently using

Message 9 of 9

No worries, thanks for your help on this, appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings