Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clansman007
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

FTTC Speed Drop, IP Profile reset - Line is Jumpered

Hi There

Been with BT for over a year on Infinity 2

When I came to BT, the estimate was 43-60Mb. I have had a steady 45-46Mb ever since.

Being pretty informed on ADSL/FTTC troubleshooting, I am aware of the various issues which may cause a slow link but I am cat 5 into the HH5 which is into a filtered faceplate and all connections are secure and free of any obvious damage. There is no REIN apparent either.

Over 3 weeks ago, the speed dropped to just about 40Mb, running tests on the BT Wholesale speed test, and looking into the advanced tests it appears the reason my speed wont increase is the IP Profile

Advanced BT Test.PNG

I raised a call via email to BT Care and have had a call back from a nice lad who advised that they will try and get the speed up but it would appear obvious that the reaspm the speed is stuck is due to the IP Profile.

How can I get this restriction lifted?

Secondly, on the same issue and some further tests, I inserted my details into the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER which returned the following

Attainable.PNG

Question is from the results and in particular "this line has jumpers in place" - what exactly does this mean and should my line have jumpers if I am a BT Customer and not thru an LLU connection.

Would the fact my line is jumpered have an impact on the Speed available to me and I could possible see an increase if not jumpered.

Thanks in advance to you all

Clansman007

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTC Speed Drop, IP Profile reset - Line is Jumpered

if tou have a HH5 can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clansman007
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi imjolly

Thank for your reply, much appreciated

See stats as requestedRouter Stats 2405205.PNG

Thanks in advance

Clansman007

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

your profile is based on your connection speed and is about 96.8% so to get higher profile you need faster connection speed.

your connection time is only 1+ hrs was that a manual reset or router dropping connection

if you can keep a stable conenction then the DLM may reduce your noise margin down to 6db which would take connected speed nearer attainable giving a faster download.  however this may require a stble connection with no drops for a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clansman007
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I restarted the router today, I had the whole device out checking the cablineg etc for any obvious signs of damage - all is in order.

On the "line is jumpered" is this to do with when I was a non bt customer and with a LLU provider. Would this be causing an issue now

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 6 of 7

@clansman007

The 'line is jumpered' bit just says that the line can be remotely disconnected and reconnected. This feature is enabled on Openreach's FTTC connections as well, which is why it has the 'line is jumpered' on the BT Wholesale database for your line.

However it isn't an available feature on BT Wholesale's ADSL connections as this still require an engineer to disconnect the line from the Main Distribution Frame ( I believe).

It shouldn't effect your connection at all.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
clansman007
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the advice jac_95

Much appreciated

0 Ratings